Posted to rec.audio.tech
Derrick Fawsitt Derrick Fawsitt is offline

Default Up grade for Quad 99 CDP 1

Is the upgrade to Quad's 99 CDP 1 CD player worth it, its supposed to be
a considerable improvement to the sound stage and provide more detail.
Is this claim well founded?
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Derrick Fawsitt"

Is the upgrade to Quad's 99 CDP 1 CD player worth it, its supposed to be a
considerable improvement to the sound stage and provide more detail. Is
this claim well founded?

** A few puffs of Maryjane is practically certain to work.

But a dope head, ****wit like this DRIP already knows that.

....... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Derrick Fawsitt wrote:

Is the upgrade to Quad's 99 CDP 1 CD player worth it, its supposed to be
a considerable improvement to the sound stage and provide more detail.
Is this claim well founded?

As well founded as any claim about 'sound stage' I reckon.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
John Phillips John Phillips is offline

On 2006-08-06, Derrick Fawsitt wrote:
Is the upgrade to Quad's 99 CDP 1 CD player worth it, its supposed to be
a considerable improvement to the sound stage and provide more detail.
Is this claim well founded?

The reviewers suggest that the upgrade is a new custom CD transport and
a better data extraction algorithm, I infer the rest is the same as
the Mark 1.

If we assume they got that right I would be surprised to hear a difference
with normal CDs.

Maybe it will be better in difficult cases. However when I bought my
99 CD-P Mark 1 in 2003 it already was the best player I tried (audibly
anyway) at extracting the music from a "test" CD I have that suffers
from serious CD-rot. It just beat the Meridian 508 and was noticably
better than several others.

So, although I haven't listened to an upgraded version I would be
skeptical over claims of a "considerable improvement" of any kind.

--
John Phillips
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Derrick Fawsitt Derrick Fawsitt is offline

In message , John Phillips
writes
On 2006-08-06, Derrick Fawsitt wrote:
[...]

Thank you John for your serious and sensible response to my query which
contrasts with the "first" one I got, i.e. the one with the limited
vocabulary.

I am "not" susceptible to sales talk but the person in Quad who said it
was worth upgrading is not in sales and has been very honest in his
advice to me so far in that he has already stopped me from making what
would have been an expensive purchase in the last few months. If I do
make the upgrade I will, (if I may), report back my findings which won't
be that of a technician, but of a musician.

Regards,
--
Derrick Fawsitt

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Derrick Fawsitt" = the DRIP

** **** OFF

- you asinine audiophool JERK !

......... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Derrick Fawsitt Derrick Fawsitt is offline

In message , John Phillips
writes

So, although I haven't listened to an upgraded version I would be
skeptical over claims of a "considerable improvement" of any kind.

Well John, I have had it done, (upgraded to Quad 99 CDP2), and all I can
tell you is that to say its a marked improvement simply does not do
justice to the reproduction I now have. I urge all here to go and get a
demo for themselves as I have not got the words to describe the detail,
accuracy and dept of the realisation of the sound on my CD's, I would
not ask for or expect any better.

If anyone is interested in my attempting to convey any more details of
my experiences with my up grade to Quad's 99 CDP2 I would be pleased to
answer and to "try" to explain my findings.
--
Derrick Fawsitt

Infinite Grade Impairment Scale Serge Smirnoff Pro Audio 0 September 10th 05 10:05 PM
gold archive grade dvd dale Pro Audio 10 June 5th 05 10:23 AM
FA: Apogee 10 unopened DAT tapes, AD94 Pro Mastering Archival grade Martin Baird Pro Audio 0 January 3rd 05 03:00 PM
FS: Audio Grade 807s LDaniel102 Vacuum Tubes 4 October 12th 03 04:07 AM
Medical Grade Sheilded AC Power Cords - Worth It? Robert Morein Audio Opinions 1 August 10th 03 11:40 AM