Posted to rec.audio.tech
leucopogon leucopogon is offline

Default Can mac pro tools le (v 5.0.1) audio be imported into current PC software like Tracktion 2?

Hi everybody,

This is my first ever post here. I guess the subject says it all
really. But let me explain the situation I find myself in a little
better.

Basically, about 5 or 6 years ago I invested in a Digidesign Digi001
rig for my Blue G3 Mac. This worked great and I was very happy with it.
Then I moved interstate and couldn't take my recording set up with me.

Fast forward to this year when I have moved back to the same city as my
parents (who were storing my Digi001 rig for me) and have resumed my
interest in home recording. I fired up the trusty old G3 (which is
running Mac OS 8.6 by the way) and tried everything out and it works
just fine to my relief.

However, my main collaborator in music is running Tracktion 2 on his PC
and I was thinking of possible ways in which I can record multiple
tracks of drums at my house using my Mac setup (ie. Digi001 with Pro
Tools LE 5.0.1) and be able to export the files so that they can be
successfully imported into Tracktion 2 on my friend's Windows xp PC.

I have tried simply burning my Mac Pro Tools audio files onto CD and
loaded them into my Windows XP machine but they are not recognised at
all by windows and will not playback or import into Tracktion 2.

So basically, my question is: what is the most simple/efficient way for
me to overcome this compatability issue of Pro Tools LE audio created
on a mac being imported into current day PC multi-track software like
Tracktion 2?

I would like to get my Digi001 connected to my PC as I'm sure this
would be a good way to eliminate the need for any work around but I
have read that this hardware is not compatible with Windows XP only
W98. I have also looked into the possibility of installing 98 onto a
seperate hard drive on my pc and using it as a dual boot machine so I
can install protools and the digi 001 but i'm not really that up to
speed with this level of computer tweaking and I'm afraid I'll botch up
my machine which I really can't afford to do as I use it for my paying
work a lot.

Any suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
leucopogon leucopogon is offline

Please ignore this, already been answered in rec.audio.pro

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"leucopogon" wrote ...
Please ignore this, already been answered in rec.audio.pro

Appropriate crossposting is your friend.