Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc

Default Creative Megaworks 550 Power Adaptor Transformer help

I moved recently and in the process the power adaptor/transformer for
my Creative Megaworks 550 speaker system went missing. Does anyone
know what the specs were for this power supply so I can Radio-Shack it
or if there is a way I can order an extra one from Creative?

The input on the back says 120V AC, but I don't belive simply directly
connecting the subwoofer to a standard US outlet is going to be the
safest method of use. Any ideas? All assistance is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Zebov

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc
TimPerry

wrote in message
ups.com...
I moved recently and in the process the power adaptor/transformer for
my Creative Megaworks 550 speaker system went missing. Does anyone
know what the specs were for this power supply so I can Radio-Shack it
or if there is a way I can order an extra one from Creative?

The input on the back says 120V AC, but I don't belive simply directly
connecting the subwoofer to a standard US outlet is going to be the
safest method of use. Any ideas? All assistance is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Zebov

the listed specs make it a bit difficult in finding a definitive answer ,
however at 70 watts per CH times 5 it is unlikely this unit runs from a wall
wart type supply.

http://us.creative.com/products/prod...Specifications

it does say the one AC power cable is included in the box.