Posted to rec.audio.tech
T. Wilkins

Default Sennheiser HD555 heaphones

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
"T. Wilkins" wrote:

They advertize theses headphones as "excellent spatial sound".

This newsgroup is advertized as alt.audio.pro.live-sound ... your
question goes better with rec.audio.tech. Followup-to: header pointing
at rec.audio.tech added.

I wonder if it is only mechanical and acoustic design

Probably open phones, didn't bother to check.

or it also makes use
of some passive crossfeeding techniques?

Nah, that would cause kunstkopf to collapse, the open Sennheisers tend
to be good reproducers thereof.

Tim

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

The wrong newsgroup unfortunately

The HD555 are indeed open headphones so... there must be some crossfeedings
that get through.
For kunstkopf type of recording, I'm not sure but I don't think it is
implemented for movies soundtracks and most popular musics as they are
assumed to be played on speakers. And this is the stuff I'm listening to
most of the time.

Thanks for your answer!
Tim

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Peter Larsen

"T. Wilkins" wrote:

Nah, that would cause kunstkopf to collapse, the open
Sennheisers tend to be good reproducers thereof.

The HD555 are indeed open headphones so... there must be some
crossfeedings that get through.

Strictly speaking yes, but at - 20 dB or below.

For kunstkopf type of recording, I'm not sure but I don't
think it is implemented for movies soundtracks and most
popular musics

1 (one) popular album known to me, with David Bowie, I think it is a
live recording made in Berlin. The ability to reproduce kunstkopf comes
with reasonable amplitude, time and phase response.

Thanks for your answer!

Youi are welcome Tim, Happy New Year!

Tim

Kind regards