Posted to rec.audio.tech
TimPerry

Default Question about receiver output fuses

"mescalero" wrote in message
I have a rare old receiver that recently blew an output fuse. A
printed notice on the back panel next to the fuse holder specifies
2.5A 125V slo-blo. It's a standard size fuse but I can't find a
replacement in 125v, only 250v fuses seem to be available now. A few
months back I replaced the output fuses in an HK 330c with 250V and
the house is still standing, but I wonder whether I'm flirting with
disaster. The only online sources for 125V fuses that I've found seem
to be old stock or used pulls, and they appear to ship only in bulk.
Is there a source for these that I haven't found, or am I making a
mountain out of a molehill?

yep, it is the amp value that you need to match. having a high voltage
rating fuse is not a problem