Posted to rec.audio.tech
vlad vlad is offline

Default Problem with iTunes . . .

I am trying to put my CD library into my new shiny iPod. On the
surface it looks easy: - start iTunes, put CD in CD-ROM, rip.

It is iTunes on Windows.

1) I have two CD readers, CD-ROM and DVD-ROM. iTunes recognizes only
on of them, the slowest one.

2) many tracks when I am listening them on iPod have skips in them
(fraction of the second pauses in a middle of the track) Few tracks
even have missing pieces, repeated fragments, etc.

First I thought my iPod is faulty, then I noticed that that same
defects are in tracks on PC in iTunes data files. I listened them
sided by side (PC and iPod), they are identical.

So, from there are they coming? I assumed that iTunes reads digital
file from CD, converts it to AAC/MP3 in digital domain and writes on
HD.

Does anybody know how to avoid these skips?

If I rip CD tracks using WinAmp and then iimport them in iTunes,
evything works fine. But iTunes places these tracks in most unexpected
places in its hierarchy, making it unusable.

Thanks in advance for your help.

vlad

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"vlad" wrote ...
I am trying to put my CD library into my new shiny iPod. On the
surface it looks easy: - start iTunes, put CD in CD-ROM, rip.

It is iTunes on Windows.

1) I have two CD readers, CD-ROM and DVD-ROM. iTunes recognizes only
on of them, the slowest one.

2) many tracks when I am listening them on iPod have skips in them
(fraction of the second pauses in a middle of the track) Few tracks
even have missing pieces, repeated fragments, etc.

First I thought my iPod is faulty, then I noticed that that same
defects are in tracks on PC in iTunes data files. I listened them
sided by side (PC and iPod), they are identical.

So, from there are they coming? I assumed that iTunes reads digital
file from CD, converts it to AAC/MP3 in digital domain and writes on
HD.

Does anybody know how to avoid these skips?

Dump iTunes. It is EVIL
I use CD-DA for ripping and format conversion,
and Anapod Explorer for connection to my iPod.
I won't allow iTunes to be installed on any of my
computers it is Really Bad News.

MP3 vs AAC on iTunes Mark A Tech 12 November 9th 06 02:48 AM
iTunes - a problem Don Pearce Tech 3 March 24th 06 04:28 PM
Can anything besides Itunes play itunes music? [email protected] Audio Opinions 0 January 14th 05 04:25 AM
iTunes AAC Encoder BlacklineMusic Pro Audio 0 November 20th 03 06:11 PM
iTunes for windows BananaHead Pro Audio 93 October 27th 03 01:51 PM