Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,alt.home-theater.misc,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.music.mp3
The Blue Perkie The Blue Perkie is offline

Default Question About Some Speakers

I bought some speakers to listen to my MP3 player at work. I already
got some speakers but the volume doesn't go to high. I just bought a
new(cheap) pair of speakers with a subwoffer. It has the two lil
speakers and the subwoofer. On one of the two lil speakers is a jack
to plug headphones into. Of course when you plugh the headphones in
you only get sound from the headphones.

What'd I'd like to do is to be able to plug my other speakers into
this jack and have sound from 4 lil speakers and the one big
subwoofer.

Is there a wire I'd have to snip or something? Or would it be to hard
to do without damaging the speakers?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,alt.home-theater.misc,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.music.mp3
mykey mykey is offline

On Jun 24, 7:29 pm, The Blue Perkie wrote:
I bought some speakers to listen to my MP3 player at work. I already
got some speakers but the volume doesn't go to high. I just bought a
new(cheap) pair of speakers with a subwoffer. It has the two lil
speakers and the subwoofer. On one of the two lil speakers is a jack
to plug headphones into. Of course when you plugh the headphones in
you only get sound from the headphones.

What'd I'd like to do is to be able to plug my other speakers into
this jack and have sound from 4 lil speakers and the one big
subwoofer.

Is there a wire I'd have to snip or something? Or would it be to hard
to do without damaging the speakers?

you can use a stereo Y cord from the MP3 to plug in two pairs,
but usually powered speakers. the MP3 wont have enough output
to drive the speakers by itself. no it won't hurt it to use it that
way.
you can get a stereo Y cord from radio shack, etc...

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,alt.home-theater.misc,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.music.mp3
Dan Dan is offline

On 6/24/07 9:29 PM, The Blue Perkie wrote:
I bought some speakers to listen to my MP3 player at work. I already
got some speakers but the volume doesn't go to high. I just bought a
new(cheap) pair of speakers with a subwoffer. It has the two lil
speakers and the subwoofer. On one of the two lil speakers is a jack
to plug headphones into. Of course when you plugh the headphones in
you only get sound from the headphones.

What'd I'd like to do is to be able to plug my other speakers into
this jack and have sound from 4 lil speakers and the one big
subwoofer.

Is there a wire I'd have to snip or something? Or would it be to hard
to do without damaging the speakers?

Ideally your MP3 player should have a LINE OUT that you connect to
AMPLIFIED SPEAKERS. The volume level is determined by the amp in the
speaker system. If you connect via the MP3 player's headphone jack,
play with the player's volume control to balance overall volume level
with sound quality (e.g. no distortion). You are listening to a stereo
recording so you only want 2 speakers (and possibly a sub-woofer). 4
speakers will screw up the imaging.

Dan
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,alt.home-theater.misc,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.music.mp3
ValveJob ValveJob is offline

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 02:29:19 -0000, The Blue Perkie
wrote:

I bought some speakers to listen to my MP3 player at work. I already
got some speakers but the volume doesn't go to high. I just bought a
new(cheap) pair of speakers with a subwoffer. It has the two lil
speakers and the subwoofer. On one of the two lil speakers is a jack
to plug headphones into. Of course when you plugh the headphones in
you only get sound from the headphones.

What'd I'd like to do is to be able to plug my other speakers into
this jack and have sound from 4 lil speakers and the one big
subwoofer.

Is there a wire I'd have to snip or something? Or would it be to hard
to do without damaging the speakers?

The best solution is to use the y cable.

But yes to your question about there being a connection in the JACK
you can modify. You will see the contacts open when you insert the
plug. A dab of solder shorting those connections will keep all
speakers running.