Posted to rec.audio.tubes
tubegarden tubegarden is offline

Default A-7

Hi RATs!

Finally got this Ebay foundling into the system, mono, OK?

P-P 12A4. Little tin can output tubes.

Big sound.

Bob Marley sez so

Happy Ears!
Al

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
tubegarden tubegarden is offline

Hi RATs!

12A6 outputs. P-P UL. In the olde daze, someone would have noticed ...

Sigh.

Sound is much too good for me

Happy Ears!
Al

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bob H. Bob H. is offline

tubegarden wrote:
Hi RATs!

12A6 outputs. P-P UL. In the olde daze, someone would have noticed ...

Sigh.

Sound is much too good for me

Happy Ears!
Al

Hi Al

I just posted this, but it dissappeared, so both may end up here.

I went over to a used equipment dealer's house a few years back to
check out some stuff he had. When I got there, he had just pulled a
system out and had it sitting at his garage door, pointing towards the
driveway, and was running it to check it out. It was a home-made deal,
consisting of a tube amp, driving a big three way horn.
It was, of course, mono.
The crossover was made on a piece of plywood, and consisted of oil can
caps and spools of wire cut to the desired inductance lengths. The
horns were inclosed in home-made cabs.

The system was playing something classical from a turntable. It
sounded marvelous and effortlessly filled the driveway with music. I
was greatly impressed.

I can understand the allure of mono systems to some. It seems to me
that the impulse to upgrade, tweak, refine, all dissipate. Just listen
to the music and enjoy.

I think my 5 billion 78's will probably end up on a mono system.

enjoy
Bob H.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Bob H. wrote:

I can understand the allure of mono systems to some. It seems to me
that the impulse to upgrade, tweak, refine, all dissipate. Just listen
to the music and enjoy.

I think my 5 billion 78's will probably end up on a mono system.

enjoy
Bob H.

Hi RATs!

I only have a few 78's. My maternal gramps recorded for RCA in 1929 and
1930. Accordion dance music. The Stratocaster of its day

The can tubes are singing. Life is good.

Happy Ears!
Al

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bob H. Bob H. is offline

Ever hear of that old joke -

Definition of a perfect note: The sound made when a banjo is thrown
into a dumpster and lands on top of an accordion.

haha

Bob H.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
tubegarden tubegarden is offline

Hi RATs!

A-7 has a brother, here, in the Audio Dungeon! It was on the top of the
far left pile, under the most dust. Same transformer numbers and
everything. Needs work, but, I may one day enjoy duo-monoblock stereo,
just like the big ears.

The new one has 12A6 metal cans, the old has 12A6-GT glass bulbs. I
ordered a quartet of each from Aunty Klektronix Ply for $22.00, total.
Oh, the expense of listening to the best.

The old dead one has the printing intact and everything.

I love it when no plan whatsoever falls into line so beautifully

Happy Ears!
Al