Bill

Default 2 10 inch subs in an 05' F150 . . . HOW?!?!

Hi Guys:

I want to do two 10 inch subs in my 5 F150 SuperCrew, but all I can find so
far is a single 10 box made by either q-customs or probox. I need to hide
these things inside the cab somewhere, any ideas?

Bill

MZ

Well, why not put a single 10 inch sub in there instead of two? Wiring
configurations these days make both of them viable options, and the power
handling and sensitivity of some subwoofers these days are sufficient to
basically get the same output (per dollar) with one sub as opposed to two.
Frankly, I don't know why people are still putting multiple subs in their
vehicles.

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Bill wrote:

Hi Guys:

I want to do two 10 inch subs in my 5 F150 SuperCrew, but all I can find so
far is a single 10 box made by either q-customs or probox. I need to hide
these things inside the cab somewhere, any ideas?

Bill

Chris Mullins

symmetry...not sound symmetry i just think it looks better with two or four
or six or either, not an odd number, i esp hate 3 subs...

But honestly i think most people think it will sound....twice as good. they
need to hear a good non-audiobahn(i had to, lol) 1 sub system. If i could
have afforded it, i would be running 1 XXX, i was highly impressed with a
single sub setup i heard with one of them.

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Bill wrote:

Hi Guys:

I want to do two 10 inch subs in my 5 F150 SuperCrew, but all I can find
so
far is a single 10 box made by either q-customs or probox. I need to hide
these things inside the cab somewhere, any ideas?

Bill

Chris Mullins

Resonant Engineering, they're all the fad with label haters right now, i
must confess thats why i got my ascendant audio speakers, no label on them
at all so nobody will recognize them. but they are nice speakers, i've
never heard the atlas that i bought i just bought it on the reviews, but
the XXX....beautiful i'm sure there is better out there but isn't there
always? just FYI most people are comparing them to the W7s and "which is
better" usually just depends on who you ask

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Bill wrote:

Hi Guys:

I want to do two 10 inch subs in my 5 F150 SuperCrew, but all I can
find so
far is a single 10 box made by either q-customs or probox. I need to
hide
these things inside the cab somewhere, any ideas?

Bill

Scotty

"MZ" wrote in message
Well, why not put a single 10 inch sub in there instead of two? Wiring
configurations these days make both of them viable options, and the power
handling and sensitivity of some subwoofers these days are sufficient to
basically get the same output (per dollar) with one sub as opposed to two.
Frankly, I don't know why people are still putting multiple subs in their
vehicles.

Usually I think because most sales guys talk people into two while harping
on about "Stereo" etc. I've run single subs and dual subs (and quad for that
matter, 2x10's and 2x18's) but my favourite was dual 10's (Boston Acoustic
rally-pro series).

Dual 10's sound the best musically by my ear, but I like a nice tight snare
hit rather than the muddy crap from electronic 300bps dance stuff or rap.

If you listen to something like Michael Jackson on dual 10's it sound so
much more real and staging is great if you have the opportunity to mount
them up front.

A single 10 (to get back to the origional post) would be heaps easier to
mount and weigh less (not that an extra 20kgs would go amiss in an F-Truck).