Sean Scott

Default 2 subs vs 1 sub

SHould I get two 200 watt subs or one 400 watt sub?

Clob

Just beacause a sub takes more wattage doesnt mean it plays louder.

If one sub plays 200W with 83db/watt/metter and the other play 400W with
80db/watt/metter then the two subs will play the same volume. Generally
speaking that is. If you told us what subs your looking at, then maybe we
can help you more.

"Sean Scott" Its@secret wrote in message
SHould I get two 200 watt subs or one 400 watt sub?

Sean Scott

"Clob" wrote in message
Just beacause a sub takes more wattage doesnt mean it plays louder.

If one sub plays 200W with 83db/watt/metter and the other play 400W
with 80db/watt/metter then the two subs will play the same volume.
Generally speaking that is. If you told us what subs your looking at,
then maybe we can help you more.

I didnt have them picked out yet, I have around 500 bucks I can spend on
some subs and an amp to put in my 2004 Chevy Malibu Classic and just wanted
to get the best subs for the money that I can. I want to get a lot of bass,
but not so much that you can hear my down the block, I wanted to keep the
bass inside of the car.

"Sean Scott" Its@secret wrote in message
SHould I get two 200 watt subs or one 400 watt sub?

MZ

I didnt have them picked out yet, I have around 500 bucks I can spend on
some subs and an amp to put in my 2004 Chevy Malibu Classic and just

wanted
to get the best subs for the money that I can. I want to get a lot of

bass,
but not so much that you can hear my down the block, I wanted to keep the
bass inside of the car.

There's no sense in getting 2 subs as long as the 1 sub that you get can do
the job. In other words, if the one sub can handle the power you'll be
delivering to it, then go with one.