Posted to rec.audio.tech
Merid Merid is offline

Default Pioneer MCACC Microphone Problem

The MCACC calibration microphone cord on my Pioneer 1014TX-k snapped
like a rubber band when I caught it on my big foot while doing a
set-up. Attempts to use other microphones with an 1/8" plug have
failed. The receiver shows a "microphone error" message after it makes
it's first calibration sweep. Is this some special Pioneer mic? It
looks like a cheap mono lapel mic. with a long cord. Any help or
suggestions are appreciated! I sent an email to Pioneer inquiring
about a replacement and cost, it's $36 plus shipping which seems
ridiculous when it appears to be a simple cheap lapel mic.

Thanks!!