Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] jack_tripper_california@yahoo.com is offline

Default DVF file conversion

I have a question about converting DVF files into WAV format.

I have a DVF file created by ICD-ST with SP setting, which means the
frequency range of the recorded audio should be from 0 Hz to 16 Hz;
However, when I convert the DVF file to WAV format using Sony's
digital voice editor version 2.27 using the auto conversion setting I
only see the frequencies till 4000 Hz and all the higher frequencies
are absent from the wav file.

I also tried converting the DVF file to WAV file using a different
setting in the digital voice editor but again I only see higher
frequencies only for certain loud portions of the design and not for
other segments.

The DVF file originally was recorded in a noisy environment and I want
to know why after the conversion I do not see noises and other sounds
present at higher frequency ranges?

Is this the limitation of the software I am using or is it the
limitation of the DVF file?

Sound file conversion Dung Ping Tech 6 May 29th 06 03:48 AM
File Conversion Dick General 2 December 6th 05 02:59 PM
Audio File Conversion Issues R Speck Pro Audio 5 October 24th 04 07:44 PM
Audacity created .mp3 file bigger than original .wav file wylbur37 Tech 5 August 22nd 04 02:56 PM
Fostex MR-8 WAV file conversion question Jaxon Bridge Pro Audio 0 December 11th 03 06:04 PM