Posted to rec.audio.car
bb

Default 200 watts RMS to 100 watt RMS components?

Hi guys,

I have polk 5 1/4 components coming...db5250 ...i heard they love sucking
down the power. I can either give them 75 watts per channel RMS or 200 watts
per channel. Which would you do?

Thanks!

Posted to rec.audio.car
Ian

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:10:30 GMT, bb wrote:

I have polk 5 1/4 components coming...db5250 ...i heard
they love sucking down the power. I can either give them 75
watts per channel RMS or 200 watts per channel. Which would
you do?

I'd go with the 200 watts of RMS per channel. They'll sound nice
and clean. Just be careful with the volume.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Bruce Chang

"bb" wrote in message
om...
Hi guys,

I have polk 5 1/4 components coming...db5250 ...i heard they love sucking
down the power. I can either give them 75 watts per channel RMS or 200
watts per channel. Which would you do?

Thanks!

I've always said it's better to overpower than underpower.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Cyrus

In article ,
"bb" wrote:

Hi guys,

I have polk 5 1/4 components coming...db5250 ...i heard they love sucking
down the power. I can either give them 75 watts per channel RMS or 200 watts
per channel. Which would you do?

Thanks!

200, do it. Go easy on the knob.

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

Posted to rec.audio.car
bb

Thanks for the input, guys.

Should I still go with the 200 watts per, even though my rear 6x9's will be
on just head unit amp? Or, I can go 75x4, but the front components would be
slightly underpowered.

Thanks again!

"bb" wrote in message
om...
Hi guys,

I have polk 5 1/4 components coming...db5250 ...i heard they love sucking
down the power. I can either give them 75 watts per channel RMS or 200
watts per channel. Which would you do?

Thanks!

Posted to rec.audio.car
spr

I have polk 5 1/4 components coming...db5250 ...i heard they love sucking
down the power. I can either give them 75 watts per channel RMS or 200
watts per channel. Which would you do?

you gotta go with 75x4 then if thats what you have to work with. your 6x9's
on the head unit will be crap compared to a separate amp. You may get better
results(depending on your head unit) by going 200 to the 6x9s and using your
head unit for the 5 1/4s but I'll bet the 4x75 will be best. Definitely
don't run your bigger speakers off the head unit when you have a more
powerful amp as an option