MN Guy

Default 2000 F-150 Dash mount kits

FYI,

Doing a routine install on my 2000 F-150, so I needed a dash mount kit
for my single DIN deck. First I was given the Metra 99-5802 from the
place I bought my head unit. Piece of crap - very flimsy. Stopped
into Circuit City - no stock, and only Metra. Ultimate Electonics
same thing.

Best Buy carried and stocked Metra, Scosche and American
International. Scosche seemed pretty cheesy too.

American International dash mount kit for the F-series rules! Thick
plastic, solid, converters for ISO mount, perfect fit. This $17 piece
of plastic made my day. I guess "Best Kits" are well spoken of too,
but I'm certainly sold on this one. Thought I'd pass it along because
I could find any posts on it.

Good luck.
Michael O

"MN Guy" wrote in message
om...
FYI,

Doing a routine install on my 2000 F-150, so I needed a dash mount kit
for my single DIN deck. First I was given the Metra 99-5802 from the
place I bought my head unit. Piece of crap - very flimsy. Stopped
into Circuit City - no stock, and only Metra. Ultimate Electonics
same thing.

Best Buy carried and stocked Metra, Scosche and American
International. Scosche seemed pretty cheesy too.

American International dash mount kit for the F-series rules! Thick
plastic, solid, converters for ISO mount, perfect fit. This $17 piece
of plastic made my day. I guess "Best Kits" are well spoken of too,
but I'm certainly sold on this one. Thought I'd pass it along because
I could find any posts on it.

Good luck.

Where did you buy it?