Wenslauw

Default Thoughts on Magneplanar MGIIB Speakers?

"Nicholas Currie Schmuck" wrote in message
Hi, I have a chance to purchase a set of ~20 year old Magneplanar MGIIBs
that are in good condition. What is a fair price for these
speakers? Does anyone have any experience with these speakers - are they
good? The reviews of the current day speakers are very good, but I havent
found anything about MGIIBs - thanks!

My first question would be why you would even consider buying 20 year old
speakers you don't know anything about?
With old Maggies there can be tears in the membrane from wear. And the wires
on the membrane can have gotten loose. At least that's what I think could be
the case. I'm really looking in to Magnepan as I am thinking of buying the
1.6 model. hm, not thinking anymore, just thinking of when the right time
is.

Wenslauw