wb

Default Any HealthKit A-9C owners

I have a 1959 model where the markings of the
speaker tabs are worn off, and the wires are
faded enough that I can't make out the
4,8, or 16 ohm markings via the schematic.

Would appropriate any info identifying which
taps are which on the screw lugs.
RS McCown

I just looked at a few Heathkit schemes and it most likely goes from
left to right,
C 4 8 16
or,
C 8 16

RS McCown

Ooops,
"The output transformer is tapped at 4, 8, 16, and 500 ohms to match
most any speaker system."
I don't have the resolution to read the scheme but as it reads left to
right on the scheme, it should be left to right looking at the screws
from outside with the amp right-side up.
http://www.heathkit-museum.com/hifi/a-9c.shtml

wb

Ooops,
"The output transformer is tapped at 4, 8, 16, and 500 ohms to match
most any speaker system."
I don't have the resolution to read the scheme but as it reads left to
right on the scheme, it should be left to right looking at the screws
from outside with the amp right-side up.
http://www.heathkit-museum.com/hifi/a-9c.shtml

Thanks !. I have that schematic and as you can tell
it is pretty difficult to make out the letters, but I
can vaguely read the colors of some of the speaker
leads.

I have this amp on the beach, and I haven't even powered
it up yet. I'm surprised there is no line fuse either. I have to
add one, and a 3 wire cord.

There is a METAL spring that used for shielding I
guess .. I wonder what that is going to short out to
when I flip the amp top side up ! I don't like that.

RS McCown

can vaguely read the colors of some of the speaker leads.
---------
The common is probably black, and the right hand screw *upside-down*.
Comm. to 500ohm will prob be 5 to 10ohms DCR, to 16ohm maybe .75ohm, to
8ohm maybe .5 etc... you get the idea.
just in case you hadn't figured it out already..

wb

---------
The common is probably black, and the right hand screw *upside-down*.
Comm. to 500ohm will prob be 5 to 10ohms DCR, to 16ohm maybe .75ohm, to
8ohm maybe .5 etc... you get the idea.
just in case you hadn't figured it out already..

Ya ... I figured it.
I still haven't powered it up yet.
I'd like to replace the filter caps
on it first ... it has the old metal cans.
I haven't been able to find them yet.