Mario Tardif

Default Tube 6C33.. DUAL FILAMENT

I saw a schematic of dual push pull aplifier using 6c33 as output.. but the
conceptor use only one filament of each tube, unstaid of the two...

Does anyone know why ? Less power ? Less Gain ? only one Triode will work
I guess ?

Mario

Patrick Turner

Mario Tardif wrote:

I saw a schematic of dual push pull aplifier using 6c33 as output.. but the
conceptor use only one filament of each tube, unstaid of the two...

Does anyone know why ? Less power ? Less Gain ? only one Triode will work
I guess ?

Mario

Everyone I know uses all the triodes and filament heaters available.

Patrick Turner.

John Stewart

Mario Tardif wrote:

I saw a schematic of dual push pull aplifier using 6c33 as output.. but the
conceptor use only one filament of each tube, unstaid of the two...

Does anyone know why ? Less power ? Less Gain ? only one Triode will work
I guess ?

Mario

Why not try a PP CF power amp with a 6C33? Anyone got some time? JLS

Patrick Turner

John Stewart wrote:

Mario Tardif wrote:

I saw a schematic of dual push pull aplifier using 6c33 as output.. but the
conceptor use only one filament of each tube, unstaid of the two...

Does anyone know why ? Less power ? Less Gain ? only one Triode will work
I guess ?

Mario

Why not try a PP CF power amp with a 6C33? Anyone got some time? JLS

There is probably no point in CF mode with 6C33, since the open loop gain
reduction buy going to CF is very little; ie, the
amount of FB applied in CF is very low, so there are not great benefits
in reductions of Ro and thd, and you will just have an uneccessarily high drive
voltage.
Circlotron wired would be better, or just a stock standard PP plate loaded triode
circuit.

Patrick Turner.

Fabio Berutti

It was a series-pass tube for voltage regulators. It can be wired with the
heaters in series or in parallel, or one half only can be turned on if
reduced current is needed. When used as a power tube for audio, it makes
no sense to use it at 50%, if You only want half power then use the 6S41S,
which is one half of a 6S33 in a stand-alone envelope (a very nice one,
indeed).

Ciao

Fabio