Russ Button

Default Westminster Gold alblum covers

Back in the early 70's when I was a student at Berkeley
and in my first throes of love with audio, I used to spend
hours pawing through record bins. I was particularly
amused by the alblum covers of the Westminster Gold
label, many of which were wonderfully whimsical.

There was one alblum titled "Mozart's Greatest Hits"
with a saucy 17th century tart winking an eye with
that come hither expression.

And then there was Gotterdämmerung, which showed
two hands breaking a cookie with pieces falling down.
"That's the way the cookie crumbles!"

Handel's Water Music had a cover with a bunch of
plumbing parts on it.

My all-time favorite was Die Walküre which had a nude
woman holding two Volkswagan hub caps over her
breasts.

I've decided I'd like to put up a web page showing as many
of these great alblum covers as I can find. To that end I've
been watching sales onEBay. A lot of folks will take photos
of their records for sale and I can just pull 'em down. Right
now I only have two images. You can see them at:

http://www.button.com/Russ/Westminster_Gold/

So what I'd like for y'all to do is if you have an alblum from
this line of stuff, would you kindly please send me an e-mail
attachment image, or point me at a web page where I can pick
it up. I'll add 'em to the web page for all to see!

Much thanks,

Russ
Norman M. Schwartz

"Russ Button" wrote in message

I've decided I'd like to put up a web page showing as many
of these great alblum covers as I can find. To that end I've
been watching sales onEBay. A lot of folks will take photos
of their records for sale and I can just pull 'em down. Right
now I only have two images. You can see them at:

http://www.button.com/Russ/Westminster_Gold/

So what I'd like for y'all to do is if you have an alblum from
this line of stuff, would you kindly please send me an e-mail
attachment image, or point me at a web page where I can pick
it up. I'll add 'em to the web page for all to see!

One such:
http://www.musicstack.com/item/163713688/fox,virgil/virgil+fox's