Posted to rec.audio.tubes
mike s mike s is offline

Default Valve Rolling Myth?

On Sunday, April 17, 2011 10:25:13 AM UTC+1, Patrick Turner wrote:

Now we live in times where the spiritual bedrock guiding every
thought, word and deed has been confined to the dustbin of history as
ALL BULL****, along with very many scientific beliefs, eg, stomach
ulcers were *not* caused by worry and stress when thinking too much
about 12AX7, but by an easily curable virus. In a world where just

Bacteria, not virus. Get it right and you could win a Nobel prize, get it wrong and you're dead.

Probably not many 12AX7 will exist in 2061. At the rate we are heading
towards a Greenical Correctness about all ****in things which lead to
the sightest amount of CO2 being generated, I don't like the future
survival chances for tube gear. By 2061, someone will have finally
discovered a way to duplicate "tube sound" using millions of well

Never mind that, by 2061 it's likely that machines will be smarter than all people - it seems it's already true for many people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

Valve technology won't just be part of our history, it will be part of their history too. Whether is is discarded, or preserved might depend more on computers wanting to preserve their pre-history than on our quaint tastes in the reproduction of sound from plastic discs.

More importantly by 2061 I'll most likely be dead, or too old to care. Though the latter seem to be increasingly the case anyway.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Big Bad Bob Big Bad Bob is offline

On 04/20/11 11:03, mike s so wittily quipped:
On Sunday, April 17, 2011 10:25:13 AM UTC+1, Patrick Turner wrote:

Probably not many 12AX7 will exist in 2061. At the rate we are heading
towards a Greenical Correctness about all ****in things which lead to
the sightest amount of CO2 being generated, I don't like the future
survival chances for tube gear. By 2061, someone will have finally
discovered a way to duplicate "tube sound" using millions of well

Never mind that, by 2061 it's likely that machines will be smarter than all people - it seems it's already true for many people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

interesting. applies to medical tech also (see later comment)

Valve technology won't just be part of our history, it will be part of their history too. Whether is is discarded, or preserved might depend more on computers wanting to preserve their pre-history than on our quaint tastes in the reproduction of sound from plastic discs.

Nostalgia and antique dealers will keep a lot of things alive.

More importantly by 2061 I'll most likely be dead, or too old to care. Though the latter seem to be increasingly the case anyway.

I expect 'spare parts' to keep all of us around long enough to see 2061.
Medical and robotics technologies continue to advance at rapid pace.
Soon enough they'll re-grow everything but the brain (and maybe THAT,
too) and block the effects of the 'aging' genes. Most of us with both
feet out of the grave should be around that long, I'd think. That's
only around 100 even for some of us older people.

chatreed chatreed is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad Bob View Post
[...]

cannt tell the truth of Valve technology,hard to get some phenomenon