Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Default Deck upgrade for '08 Silverado?

My dad just bought a new '08 Silverado and would like to replace the
stock radio with something - anything - with a CD player. My question
is, are there any particular concerns with this vehicle with just
dropping in an aftermarket deck with appropriate mounting kit and wiring
harness? Powered speakers, hidden amps, and the like? I haven't had a
chance to actually look at the thing yet... apparently it's JUST a radio
in the dash now.

I don't even want to think about what it would cost for an OEM deck to
just drop in...