Posted to uk.rec.cars.misc, rec.audio.car
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Car radio beeps and beeps and beeps

My car radio (a Renault OEM model made by Blaupunkt) is playing up...
as soon as I switch on, it beeps loudly about once every 5 seconds.

Now, I've had this for years, and recognise this noise as being the
same as the radio makes whenever it gets disconnected from the car
battery - ie when it activates its code protection and wants a PIN
entering to switch off the whining. However, in that instance, the
display flashes "CODE" while you enter the digits, and without that,
you can't input the code.

So, I thought, - I know, if I actually unplug the radio it will switch
into 'code input' mode and all will be well. Clever, huh?
Unfortunately not: despite unplugging it for the whole day, when I
plugged it in again, there was still no 'code' display, and STILL the
bleating.

So, is the radio totally stuffed?

Thanks
David
Posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,rec.audio.car
Brian[_10_] Brian[_10_] is offline

"Lobster" wrote in message
My car radio (a Renault OEM model made by Blaupunkt) is playing up...
as soon as I switch on, it beeps loudly about once every 5 seconds.

Now, I've had this for years, and recognise this noise as being the
same as the radio makes whenever it gets disconnected from the car
battery - ie when it activates its code protection and wants a PIN
entering to switch off the whining. However, in that instance, the
display flashes "CODE" while you enter the digits, and without that,
you can't input the code.

So, I thought, - I know, if I actually unplug the radio it will switch
into 'code input' mode and all will be well. Clever, huh?
Unfortunately not: despite unplugging it for the whole day, when I
plugged it in again, there was still no 'code' display, and STILL the
bleating.

So, is the radio totally stuffed?

What year is the radio/car? They stopped using security codes a few years
back now, the radios are coded to the VIN of the car.
If it is the later type, then for some reason it is not locking on to the
car's VIN.
On the other hand, I have had this on an older model, when one of the
speaker wires got trapped and was earthing.

Posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,rec.audio.car
Mark W[_2_] Mark W[_2_] is offline

"Lobster" wrote in message
[...]

The current number one in the hit parade is 'The Bleep Song' and it's on all
the playlists. Your radio is probably fine.

Posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,rec.audio.car
John Greystrong John Greystrong is offline

Lobster wrote:
My car radio (a Renault OEM model made by Blaupunkt) is playing up...
as soon as I switch on, it beeps loudly about once every 5 seconds.

Travel news switched on but not tuned to an appropiate station?

John
Posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,rec.audio.car
Lobster Lobster is offline

Brian wrote:
"Lobster" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for that. Funnily enough, I tried it again yesterday (I decided
to brave listening to the news through the beeps) and suddenly it
switched into "CODE" mode. Entered the number and Bob became my uncle.

I won't be surprised if it happens again, and if/when it does, I'll suss
out the speaker wires.

David

Posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,rec.audio.car
Ed Chilada Ed Chilada is offline

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:31:01 -0800 (PST), Lobster
wrote:

My car radio (a Renault OEM model made by Blaupunkt) is playing up...
as soon as I switch on, it beeps loudly about once every 5 seconds.

Good news! I had a Blaupunkt that did that, many years ago, and I
fixed it.

Bad news! I can't remember how or what!

But yeah, as John perhaps suggests, ISTR that it's something that's
switched on which isn't set up right, which just needs turning off
again.