Posted to rec.audio.car
issjoe issjoe is offline

Default Stop electric hum and turn off parking lights

I just bought a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder. Owner said it had recently
beem broken into. Owner dosn't know history of alarms. Her uncle put
"secrurity system" in the truck.

When battery is conneceted with ignition off or on, there is an
electic hum from somewhere from behind dash or center console and the
parking lights are on. There is is a 3 position lighted switch on
center console "between the front seats" that won' stop blinking. Ive
removed two Directed Electric modules from under the dash. They are
Vallet model 551T and Auto Security System 711T. I'm not trying to
fix the system, I just want to deactivate the hum and parking light
problem.

If I cut the blinking 3 position switch would that solve the
problem.Could there be a third security system that that blinking 3
position switch is connected to. Any ideas would be appreciated.