Default Are an old pair of Wharfedale's W3's worth anything?

Are an old pair of Wharfedale's W3's worth anything?

Anybody know anything about these old (bout 1950's I think) speakers?

Chris...
Harry Lavo

wrote in message
Are an old pair of Wharfedale's W3's worth anything?

Anybody know anything about these old (bout 1950's I think) speakers?

I checked my references..in 1956 could find no trace of them...in 1964 the
series started with W40 which I believe was an update of the W4. But there
was not W30, so whatever W3 was it was dropped from the line by then. The
W40 through W60 line were sand-filled baffle speakers, so there is a
possibility that your W3's are of the same ilk. If they are, consider them
a rarity as they weren't around for too many years.

As for sound, the Wharfdales were considered okay, but somewhat "wool-y" in
the bass and rolled off in the treble. Of course that was an era when all
speaker families had a "sound" characteristic of the line. None were truly
neutral.