Uptown Audio

Default Articles on Vinyl and analog sales figures in syndicated press

if anyone still wants to read about hi-fi or high-end stuff here,
check this out:
http://www.komotv.com/stories/36800.htm

-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

Uptown Audio wrote:
if anyone still wants to read about hi-fi or high-end stuff here,
check this out:
http://www.komotv.com/stories/36800.htm

So let's get this straight. Here we have a single CD store that
recently added vinyl. And their vinyl sales are growing (faster than
their other two new lines, books and games). And this means...?

A lot to some local TV station news department, perhaps, but not much
to the rest of us. The latest RIAA statistics I saw showed vinyl LP/EP
shipments down over 40% since 2001.

And then there's this silly statement:

"Mike Batt says if you're blindfolded, and you listen to the same song
first on CD, then on vinyl, you'll always choose the vinyl recording as
the one that sounds better."

Silly, because there is absolutely no reason to do this comparison
blind--you will instantly know which is which (unless the CD is made
from the LP, but that's clearly not what he's talking about). And
wrong, as our own debates here have confirmed. Some people will prefer
the vinyl, others the CD. And in some cases, it may depend on the
recording. (I'd be inclined to agree, however, that most people who've
never done this comparison before would probably prefer the vinyl to
the CD most of the time--that euphonic distortion can be pretty damn
irresistible!)

bob
Harry Lavo

"Uptown Audio" wrote in message
if anyone still wants to read about hi-fi or high-end stuff here,
check this out:
http://www.komotv.com/stories/36800.htm

-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

Pretty lightly researched, but thanks for the link anyway.

_Dejan_

"Uptown Audio" wrote in message
if anyone still wants to read about hi-fi or high-end stuff here,
check this out:
http://www.komotv.com/stories/36800.htm

-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

I am always openend mind, so all informations are welcome. But i talk to
much. I am scared because i will be baned.

Petrovic Dejan