Johnson

Default CD Storage

The shelves are groaning with CD's -- can any recommend "nice" good looking
and functional storage system for CD's.

Uptown Audio

The Salamander Designs company makes a few very sturdy units. One with
an option for a door in their Synergy series unit. It of course
matches their other Synergy audio and video furniture. It is not
cheap, but you definately get a great cabinet. We sell the furniture
here and can attest to its durability. Very few people buy the CD
storage solution due to its cost by comparison to A/V furniture sales
however.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

"Johnson" wrote in message
The shelves are groaning with CD's -- can any recommend "nice" good
looking
and functional storage system for CD's.

Norman M. Schwartz

I like www.boltz.com for functional CD, etc. storage.

"Johnson" wrote in message
The shelves are groaning with CD's -- can any recommend "nice" good
looking
and functional storage system for CD's.

According to my wife, nice looking means that you can't see the CDs! In my
case this meant a cabinet that holds CDs in both the body and the doors, so
that when closed you can't see any CDs. I bought mine from over the net for
about $230, delivered. It holds 630 CDs in ordinary jewel cases. I've
managed to store more than that by putting more than one CD in each case.
As a result I have about 1000 CDs stored in this cabinet. Since my music is
almost all classical, I sort my CDs by composer. Pop music would probably
be sorted by performer.

Norm Strong

Uptown Audio

Yes, very funtional... (but yuk, how ugly!). There are a lot of nice,
furniture quality types available I am sure. You can have them made to
order also if you can't find what you want, say you want to match an
existing piece of furniture. That is the nice thing about the
Salamander Synergy in that it does match their furniture for a very
attractive and functional room.
I actually have had a custom table made for a TV that I use because I
wanted it to be a certain, exact size and I wanted it to at least
similarly match an existing coffee table. So I had a fellow in PA make
one to order. I am sure that they would do CD cases as well that would
be heirloom quality.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

"Johnson" wrote in message
The shelves are groaning with CD's -- can any recommend "nice"
good
looking
and functional storage system for CD's.

I like www.boltz.com for functional CD, etc. storage.