Dacaprice

Default Bazooka Bass tube problem

I have had my Bazooka RS6A bass tube since the fall of 2000. It has
been very good to me and up until now has performed flawlessly. It is
connected to my pioneer DEH-P7200 head unit using the preamp outputs,
and monster cable RCA's. None of the connections or wires have been
changed. For the 6 months or so I have noticed I am not getting as
much bass from the tube as I used to. I have gradually been turning up
the volume on the tube itself to get the level that I am used to. Now
that the level on the tube is completely up, I am forced to raise it
on the head unit. Nowadays I have to raise that level quite a bit to
get any satisfactory low end sound. The amp is getting power and never
cuts out, like I said I just need to raise the level up to get a good
sound. However, at the rate this is going soon I won't be able to
raise the level anymore. For the first few years I would keep the
level on the base tube slightly more than a quater up; now it is
maxed. My questions a is this a common problem? Does it sound like
a problem with the woofer, the amp, the headunit? Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Mark Zarella

[...]

Yes, it is a common problem. Perhaps surprisingly, it may have something to
do with you getting acclimated to the bass and wanting more. This may be
the case and you may not even notice it.

Captain Howdy

In article , "Mark Zarella" wrote:
[...]

The clinical term for this is called "the basshead syndrome" LOL

Dacaprice

Yes, it is a common problem. Perhaps surprisingly, it may have something to
do with you getting acclimated to the bass and wanting more. This may be
the case and you may not even notice it.

I thought that may be the case... but many times it powers on and I
get output so low, that there is no audible difference when the tube
is on (as in on according to my head unit) or off. You say it is a
common problem, but what is it a common problem with?
Mark Zarella

Yes, it is a common problem. Perhaps surprisingly, it may have
something to
do with you getting acclimated to the bass and wanting more. This may

be
the case and you may not even notice it.

I thought that may be the case... but many times it powers on and I
get output so low, that there is no audible difference when the tube
is on (as in on according to my head unit) or off. You say it is a
common problem, but what is it a common problem with?

Well, it's common from a psychological perspective. If there's a faulty
device, then it's not so common.

Electrical noise problem, hard to pin down Mike O'Malley Car Audio 2 January 16th 04 03:13 PM
FS: SOUNDSTREAM CLOSEOUTS AND MORE!! Nexxon Car Audio 0 November 21st 03 02:59 AM
Recurring problem - no sound from factory CD player in 2002 Chevy Venture Spoons Car Audio 0 October 15th 03 04:59 AM
Identify a Bazooka? Charles Car Audio 3 September 22nd 03 12:56 AM
tube watts not equal to transistor watts? Mark General 3 September 16th 03 10:06 PM