Craig Ruggels

Default Neumann 421 70th edition

Anyone know how is selling them below MSRP?

Would like to pick one up

Craig Ruggels
MeadowView Music

Luke Kaven

"Craig Ruggels" wrote:

Anyone know how is selling them below MSRP?

Would like to pick one up

Craig Ruggels
MeadowView Music

What on earth is a Neumann 421?

Scott Dorsey

Craig Ruggels wrote:

I do HS and University recordings... fundraisers... so I get paid nothing or
very little...Mainly Kick backs from discmaker... so I need to find the best
deals I can..

Why not buy a used 421, then? There are plenty of them out there.
You'll certainly find one for a whole lot less than the cheesy anniversary
edition thing, which is aimed at collectors rather than people that actually
use microphones.

Rob Adelman

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Why not buy a used 421, then? There are plenty of them out there.
You'll certainly find one for a whole lot less than the cheesy anniversary
edition thing, which is aimed at collectors rather than people that actually
use microphones.

I agree. He would no doubt pay top dollar for a new special edition and
it isn't going to sound any better. Here are a bunch of used ones on eBay.
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&SortProperty= MetaEndSort&ht=1&query=md421

Gary Koliger

you gotta be careful with these thing used tho as I'm sure everyone knows - you don't want to buy any from live
sound companys as they tend to get pretty beat up - they ain't 57s or 58s. I've checked out several from local
sound cos and mostly opted out of buying after trying

my 2¢

Gary

Rob Adelman wrote:

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Why not buy a used 421, then? There are plenty of them out there.
You'll certainly find one for a whole lot less than the cheesy anniversary
edition thing, which is aimed at collectors rather than people that actually
use microphones.

I agree. He would no doubt pay top dollar for a new special edition and
it isn't going to sound any better. Here are a bunch of used ones on eBay.
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&SortProperty= MetaEndSort&ht=1&query=md421

R Krizman

Why not buy a used 421, then? There are plenty of them out there.
You'll certainly find one for a whole lot less than the cheesy anniversary
edition thing, which is aimed at collectors rather than people that actually
use microphones.

Why would anyone think a 421 was a collector's item?

-R
Scott Dorsey

In article ,
R Krizman wrote:
Why not buy a used 421, then? There are plenty of them out there.
You'll certainly find one for a whole lot less than the cheesy anniversary
edition thing, which is aimed at collectors rather than people that actually
use microphones.

Why would anyone think a 421 was a collector's item?

Damned if I know. Why would anyone think a 77DX is a collector's item?

david

In article , Scott Dorsey
wrote:

Why would anyone think a 421 was a collector's item?

Damned if I know. Why would anyone think a 77DX is a collector's item?
--scott

It's supposed to be the a real 421, not the current model that's been
on the market the past few years, the 421 version 2.

I'd think that yellow grill would make it a even more attractive target
for drummers.

Speaking of price, I was told that a new 441 now has a list price of
$900. What's it actually sell for?

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com
Fletcher

R Krizman wrote:

Why would anyone think a 421 was a collector's item?

Because they got sucked in by the Sennheiser marketing department... I mean
after the success of the chrome TLM-170's and the 'black chrome' TLM-103's...
who wouldn't give it a shot with 421's...
--
Fletcher
Mercenary Audio

Ty Ford

In Article , Fletcher
wrote:
R Krizman wrote:

Why would anyone think a 421 was a collector's item?

Because they got sucked in by the Sennheiser marketing department... I mean
after the success of the chrome TLM-170's and the 'black chrome' TLM-103's...
who wouldn't give it a shot with 421's...

That's different than the regular black TLM 103 models?

Ty Ford

**Until the worm goes away, I have put "not" in front of my email address.
Please remove it if you want to email me directly.
For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

Fletcher

Ty Ford wrote:

Because they got sucked in by the Sennheiser marketing department... I mean
after the success of the chrome TLM-170's and the 'black chrome' TLM-103's...
who wouldn't give it a shot with 421's...

That's different than the regular black TLM 103 models?

Ty Ford

Inside... nope... same crap. Outside... they were shiney, as only 'black chrome'
can shine. The regular ones are a black 'matte' finish... but as we all know...
chrome won't get you home [but it does cost a boatload]
--
Fletcher
Mercenary Audio