Posted to rec.audio.pro
PenaL PenaL is offline

Default Audacity doesn't accept wma's

I tried to use the Audacity audio-software. Nice, small editor, works
fine for free. But, it doesn't seem to "eat" straight the windows' own
wma audio-data. I didn't found any wma - wav -converter from the
Audacity. How them, who have used the Audacity, have solvent this
problem? To buy better software? Other possibilities...?

-Pentti
Posted to rec.audio.pro

PenaL wrote:
I tried to use the Audacity audio-software. Nice, small editor, works
fine for free. But, it doesn't seem to "eat" straight the windows' own
wma audio-data. I didn't found any wma - wav -converter from the
Audacity. How them, who have used the Audacity, have solvent this
problem? To buy better software? Other possibilities...?

-Pentti

You need a converter. SFAIK, wma files are closed and any author of
a converter would be required to pay licensing to M$.

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

"Les Cargill" wrote in message
PenaL wrote:
I tried to use the Audacity audio-software. Nice, small editor, works
fine for free. But, it doesn't seem to "eat" straight the windows' own
wma audio-data. I didn't found any wma - wav -converter from the
Audacity. How them, who have used the Audacity, have solvent this
problem? To buy better software? Other possibilities...?

-Pentti

You need a converter. SFAIK, wma files are closed and any author of
a converter would be required to pay licensing to M$.

Or burn them to CDR(/W) using Nero or similar, and rip them back to wave.
Or play and record them using steambox or similar "record what you hear".

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
PenaL PenaL is offline

Les Cargill wrote:
PenaL wrote:
I tried to use the Audacity audio-software. Nice, small editor, works
fine for free. But, it doesn't seem to "eat" straight the windows' own
wma audio-data. I didn't found any wma - wav -converter from the
Audacity. How them, who have used the Audacity, have solvent this
problem? To buy better software? Other possibilities...?

-Pentti

You need a converter. SFAIK, wma files are closed and any author of
a converter would be required to pay licensing to M$.

--
Les Cargill

Ok. Thanks for the info. I'll try to...

-Pentti
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 04/06/2012 13:40, PenaL wrote:
Les Cargill wrote:
PenaL wrote:
I tried to use the Audacity audio-software. Nice, small editor, works
fine for free. But, it doesn't seem to "eat" straight the windows' own
wma audio-data. I didn't found any wma - wav -converter from the
Audacity. How them, who have used the Audacity, have solvent this
problem? To buy better software? Other possibilities...?

-Pentti

You need a converter. SFAIK, wma files are closed and any author of
a converter would be required to pay licensing to M$.

--
Les Cargill

Ok. Thanks for the info. I'll try to...

You can download the basic Microsoft format converter from their website
for free.

http://www.microsoft.com/expression/..._Overview.aspx

As WMEncoder has been "retired".

--