Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
clozo clozo is offline
Junior Member

Location: Montreal Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
When I don't have anything playing and just a bit of volume I can hear
a hiss from my speakers. But thats only if i put my ear up to it(2
inches away). But its more evident if I have the volume up to max. Then
I can hear it. Its not extrememly loud but its there. Is that normal on
all speakers? Or do I need to get better connectors for the speaker
wire? Now to reiterate I don't have anything playing. just turining the
volume knob. What do you think? Is there a problem? thanks for your
time.
Hi. some objectictive debuging is required, Switch OFF speakers or put headphone in,( if that does switch your speaker off). If you still hear same lavel of hiss from the speakers, it is possible that you have acctive speakers ( speakers with amplifier inside ) if that is the case not to mutch you can do. if you have a hi grade amp and the hiss increasse with volume incrementation, disconect all inputs and if hiss perssist a possible modification was previously made to this amp,a bad cicuit welding or a very cheap volume/balance POT was substitued. a posible crosstalking between PHONO preamp OUT and your mode selector switch could be shorted inside the amp for some reason and cose that type of probleme. It would of been informatif for all to know the brand of this amp and if your speaker are active or passive. P.S. if I took the time the wote this is becose I am want to know more. Please Feed-back and good luck CLOZO

Inventor of Leslie speaker dies playon Pro Audio 0 September 8th 04 08:33 PM
Using a speaker switch box in reverse? Lee J Tech 3 July 24th 04 01:00 PM
Comments about Blind Testing watch king High End Audio 24 January 28th 04 04:03 PM
additional speakers Steve Tech 25 September 22nd 03 04:28 PM
Stereo HIss, speaker pop after re-do of rear speaker mounts Me Car Audio 1 August 3rd 03 10:09 AM