Bible John

Default Need cassette or digital recorder recomendations

What do you say about the model below?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...d=1121371378/s
r=8-3/ref=pd_bbs_ur_3/102-1180370-7764911?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

I own the model that lacks a mic in jack (a good recorder), but without
the mic in jack I will need to start looking for a new recorder. I need
a tape recorder where I can use the mic in jack to capture sermons from
TV (much cheaper for me than buying them). I need the recorder with the
best quality. Or do you think a standard tape recorder would do better?

Digital recorders are also another option, but as it looks they will be
more hassle for what I wish to accomplish. Yes they may capture better
sound quality, but then I'd have to burn the audio to a CD, and there is
no guarantee that the digital recorder will connect to a Mac, so I am
probably looking at a tape option here. Sony did make a boom box model
that could record to CD, but I believe its off the market.

Remember I am looking for the "cheapest" most convenient method. I don't
know if I should upgrade my microcassette recorder, or just buy a
standard tape recorder. For sermon purposes tape is just fine.

Thanks,

Johjn

--
http://johnw.freeshell.org/bible/
2Tim. 4:2 Preach the Word; be prepared in
Carl Valle

"Bible John" wrote in message
[...]

Why don't you use a HiFi VCR - 6 hours on one tape, plus you get the video
also.
It's still the cheapest format around.

Codifus

Bible John wrote:
[...]

First of all, the cassette is dead. Let it go man, let it go.

As another poster suggested, why not use the HIFI VCR to capture the
TV sermon? The HIFI capability, while not perfect, will be more than
capable to catch everything from the TV sermon.

Also, the Mac is not as obscure as you may think. I have a lowly G3
blue&white running Panther 10.3. I also have the IRiver IFP 790 flash
player with built in voice-recorder. IRiver makes the software for Mac
OSX that I use to download voice recordings to my computer. It converts
the file to MP3 format during the download. This may be another option
for you.

CD