Jon Grey

Default mbox with an old G4

i have an older powerbook g4 400mhz and i would like to get an mbox. i
read on their website that digidesign didnt test any powerbooks lower
than the 800mhz model. does anyone have any experience with pro tools
or an mbox on a slower g4 system?
Mitchell Benson

"Jon Grey" wrote in message
om...
i have an older powerbook g4 400mhz and i would like to get an mbox. i
read on their website that digidesign didnt test any powerbooks lower
than the 800mhz model. does anyone have any experience with pro tools
or an mbox on a slower g4 system?

I have used the MBox on my G3 500mhz iBook with no problem.

Sugarite

i have an older powerbook g4 400mhz and i would like to get an mbox. i
read on their website that digidesign didnt test any powerbooks lower
than the 800mhz model. does anyone have any experience with pro tools
or an mbox on a slower g4 system?

The current Protools might have some issues, but the Mbox itself will work
fine, though older software may be required, though quite unlikely.

George Gleason

Jon Grey wrote:
i have an older powerbook g4 400mhz and i would like to get an mbox. i
read on their website that digidesign didnt test any powerbooks lower
than the 800mhz model. does anyone have any experience with pro tools
or an mbox on a slower g4 system?

Don't do it
I have a g4 400 and can not get a m-audio 410 firewire to work relibly
though everyone tells me it is not the 400 vs 500 speed, nobody has
found the real problem either

Ty Ford

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 20:28:14 -0500, Jon Grey wrote
(in article ) :

i have an older powerbook g4 400mhz and i would like to get an mbox. i
read on their website that digidesign didnt test any powerbooks lower
than the 800mhz model. does anyone have any experience with pro tools
or an mbox on a slower g4 system?

Dunno, I'm running a digi 001 on a 500MHz G4. Of course it has a PCI card
rather than USB for an I/O.

I did review the Mbox and on that review I used the G4, so I know it works. I
probably didn't push it to all 24 (now 32) tracks.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Ty Ford

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:38:54 -0500, George Gleason wrote
(in article ):

Jon Grey wrote:
i have an older powerbook g4 400mhz and i would like to get an mbox. i
read on their website that digidesign didnt test any powerbooks lower
than the 800mhz model. does anyone have any experience with pro tools
or an mbox on a slower g4 system?

Don't do it
I have a g4 400 and can not get a m-audio 410 firewire to work relibly
though everyone tells me it is not the 400 vs 500 speed, nobody has
found the real problem either

Different problems; Firewire, another mfgr,

Ty Ford

BTW to the original poster what OS are you using?

stuff are at www.tyford.com

George Gleason

Jon Grey wrote:

i have an older powerbook g4 400mhz and i would like to get an mbox. i
read on their website that digidesign didnt test any powerbooks lower
than the 800mhz model. does anyone have any experience with pro tools
or an mbox on a slower g4 system?

Don't do it
I have a g4 400 and can not get a m-audio 410 firewire to work relibly
though everyone tells me it is not the 400 vs 500 speed, nobody has
found the real problem either

Different problems; Firewire, another mfgr,

I was simply stating one should adhere to a mfgrs "minimum" specs and
not "expect " a device spec ed for a 800 speed to work with a 400 speed
machine
George

stuff are at www.tyford.com

im running osx 10.3