Greg Taylor

Default CMA Last Night: Live or 'Ashlee'?

Most of the vocals seemed live. Not 100% sure about the music for some
of the artists.
Mondoslug1

gtaylor wrote:

Most of the vocals seemed live. Not 100% sure about the music for some
of the artists.

There were way too many fiddles in tune.

There's +1 for the argument that can be made for TRACKS.
M. MacDonald

"Greg Taylor" wrote:
Most of the vocals seemed live. Not 100% sure about the music for some of
the artists.

Guy on the radio was bagging on having to watch the CMT with his wife and
said Shania was lip synching in her duo with whomever it was. I got it on
tape so I guess I better go and watch it as I wasn't paying much attention.
I knew she did it at the Super Bowl though.

Mack

Mondoslug1

Bill Van Dyk wrote:

you sure about the Superbowl? I had read otherwise.

You didn't watch the CMAs the other night did you.

M. MacDonald wrote:
"Greg Taylor" wrote:
Most of the vocals seemed live. Not 100% sure about the music for some of
the artists.

Guy on the radio was bagging on having to watch the CMT with his wife and
said Shania was lip synching in her duo with whomever it was. I got it on
tape so I guess I better go and watch it as I wasn't paying much attention.

I knew she did it at the Super Bowl though.

Mack

Bill Van Dyk

No. I'm guessing that means "country music awards". Did I miss
something? Was there an award for "best synchronization"?

There actually should be such an award. Along with athletic awards for
best steroids, advertising awards for most irrelevant information, peace
prizes for ex-terrorists, and celebrity awards for people well-known for
being well-known.

M. MacDonald wrote:

"Greg Taylor" wrote:
Most of the vocals seemed live. Not 100% sure about the music for some of
the artists.

Guy on the radio was bagging on having to watch the CMT with his wife and
said Shania was lip synching in her duo with whomever it was. I got it on
tape so I guess I better go and watch it as I wasn't paying much attention.

I knew she did it at the Super Bowl though.

Mack

jakdedert

Bill Van Dyk wrote:
No. I'm guessing that means "country music awards". Did I miss
something? Was there an award for "best synchronization"?

There actually should be such an award. Along with athletic awards
for best steroids, advertising awards for most irrelevant
information, peace prizes for ex-terrorists, and celebrity awards for
people well-known for being well-known.

An award for most road-damaged piece of audio/musical gear which still
functions...or an award for the guy who trashed it?

jak

M. MacDonald wrote:

"Greg Taylor" wrote:
Most of the vocals seemed live. Not 100% sure about the music
for some of the artists.

Guy on the radio was bagging on having to watch the CMT with his
wife and said Shania was lip synching in her duo with whomever it
was. I got it on tape so I guess I better go and watch it as I
wasn't paying much attention.

I knew she did it at the Super Bowl though.

Mack

Mondoslug1

Bill Van Dyk wrote:
No. I'm guessing that means "country music awards". Did I miss
something? Was there an award for "best synchronization"?

well sorta....it's best looking while syncing.

M. MacDonald wrote:

"Greg Taylor" wrote:
Most of the vocals seemed live. Not 100% sure about the music
for some of the artists.

Guy on the radio was bagging on having to watch the CMT with his
wife and said Shania was lip synching in her duo with whomever it
was. I got it on tape so I guess I better go and watch it as I
wasn't paying much attention.

I knew she did it at the Super Bowl though.

Mack

Romeo Rondeau

An award for most road-damaged piece of audio/musical gear which still
functions...or an award for the guy who trashed it?

jak

How about "Best producers line of bull**** dealing with a client who really
sucks ass?" :-)

Matt Macchiarolo

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message
How about "Best producers line of bull**** dealing with a client who

really
sucks ass?" :-)

There actually is such an award, but it's presented before the taping, right
before the "Best Radio Station" awards.

TonyP

"jakdedert" wrote in message
.. .
Bill Van Dyk wrote:
No. I'm guessing that means "country music awards". Did I miss
something? Was there an award for "best synchronization"?

There actually should be such an award. Along with athletic awards
for best steroids, advertising awards for most irrelevant
information, peace prizes for ex-terrorists, and celebrity awards for
people well-known for being well-known.

An award for most road-damaged piece of audio/musical gear which still
functions...or an award for the guy who trashed it?

At a gig a did once there were informal awards for "best" equipment damage
and "best" injury to a crew member :-)

TonyP.

TonyP

"jakdedert" wrote in message
.. .
Bill Van Dyk wrote:
No. I'm guessing that means "country music awards". Did I miss
something? Was there an award for "best synchronization"?

There actually should be such an award. Along with athletic awards
for best steroids, advertising awards for most irrelevant
information, peace prizes for ex-terrorists, and celebrity awards for
people well-known for being well-known.

An award for most road-damaged piece of audio/musical gear which still
functions...or an award for the guy who trashed it?

At a gig a did once there were informal awards for "best" equipment damage
and "best" injury to a crew member :-)

TonyP.

Tips for mixing a live recording? Kalle L. Pro Audio 77 October 8th 04 03:16 PM
question about the band Simple Minds (and live show question) GreenSlimer Pro Audio 0 September 13th 04 01:25 AM
[TECH, XPOST] Sync with Ableton Live s.stef Pro Audio 0 September 10th 04 01:40 AM
Lyrics for We Live Curious Tech 3 May 25th 04 10:00 PM
Live Sound Vs Studio Sound FrankDebro1 Pro Audio 155 October 10th 03 06:35 PM