Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ike

Default Pro Tools and files on same hard drive or not?

I purchased an Apple G4/1.42 and now i´m asking advice about installing
new software.

The new G4 has two hard drives, 120 G that came with new Mac and an
older 20 G removed from my old G4, where i will keep most of my OS 9
software (and lots of other data). The 120 G drive will obviously be
used for storing audio and video files.

I have a choise of installing Pro Tools LE and Final Cut Pro application
software on the old (smaller) drive or the new one. To optimize
performance/reliability, should i install PT/FCP software on a separate
hard drive from work files? Will it make any difference?

Or should i just put software, OSX and work files on separate
partitions on the same (120G) drive?

Ike

Scientific proof that digital sound is bad cwvalle Audio Opinions 138 February 3rd 04 01:27 AM
Extracting audio metadata Gaz General 2 October 27th 03 03:28 PM
New ABC/HR versions and tools ff123 Audio Opinions 0 October 12th 03 09:59 PM