Ron Wiebe

Default Digital Recording Advice Needed

I am currently in the process of buying a digital rocroding system for our
church. I am planning on getting a Yamaha 01V96 for mixing, it will have to
double as the live sound board as well. I will be recording from 8 mics. I
am considering getting a RME DIGI9636 Hammerhall Light soundcard, which has
only digtal inputs. This is fine for recording live from the 01V which has
optical out, but I also wish to convert some old reel-to-reel and cassette
recordings to CD. Can I easily route these through the 01V into the sound
card when I am not using the mics, or is it an elaborate process? For
playback from the computer, can I just plug my headphones into the 01V?
This will be my first digital desk, an upgrade from a Mackie 1404, so I am
really not sure how it all works.

If there is a different sound card that would be better, or you have any
other advise, please let me know - I really don't want to learn the hard
way!

regards
Ron Wiebe