Analogeezer

Default Firewire/USB to S/PDIF or AES/EBU I/O?

I've been toying with the idea of replacing my Delta 1010 with a MOTU
24 i/o, to have a full 24 channels of analog I/O.

The thing is, unlike the Delta the MOTU box does not have any digital
I/O capability, and I'd still need that for digital transfers of
stereo material.

It seems you can't swing a dead cat without hitting some new firewire
or USB box that gets you mic preamps, 8 ins/outs, that sort of thing,
and there are a ton of analog stereo converters that utilize USB.

This is not what I need though if I got the MOTU box, I'd just need a
way to get a digital stereo feed in and out of the DAW.

My old studio computer (a 386) has a DAL "digital only" card that does
this, but it's an ISA card which obviously my new computer does not
have. There might be a PCI solution (such as one of the cheap Delta
cards) but I don't want to take up a PCI slot and interrupt just for
that.

Maybe I've missed some products and I realize it's not a big market,
but does somebody make a stereo "digital only" audio interface that
works with USB or Firewire?

Thanks,

Analogeezer
Kurt Albershardt

Analogeezer wrote:

does somebody make a stereo "digital only" audio interface that
works with USB or Firewire?

http://edirol.com/products/info/ua1d.html
Kurt Albershardt

Analogeezer wrote:

does somebody make a stereo "digital only" audio interface that
works with USB or Firewire?

http://edirol.com/products/info/ua1d.html
Edwin Hurwitz

(Analogeezer) wrote:

[...]

I went through this to get a Grace V3 into a Powerbook without bringing
a 002R around. I finally found an MAudio Firewire Audiophile that works
great at up to 24/96. There are other solutions, but most seem to be
limited to 16 or 48.

HTH
Edwin
PS It runs off FW power, so that's kind of nice.

Bob Cain

Kurt Albershardt wrote:
Analogeezer wrote:

does somebody make a stereo "digital only" audio interface that
works with USB or Firewire?

http://edirol.com/products/info/ua1d.html

I'd like something that puts Firewire on the plugin end of
that thing and ADAT on the box end.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Kurt Albershardt

Bob Cain wrote:

Kurt Albershardt wrote:

Analogeezer wrote:

does somebody make a stereo "digital only" audio interface that
works with USB or Firewire?

http://edirol.com/products/info/ua1d.html

I'd like something that puts Firewire on the plugin end of that thing
and ADAT on the box end.

Close http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=11&page=1

Bob Cain

Kurt Albershardt wrote:

I'd like something that puts Firewire on the plugin end of that thing
and ADAT on the box end.

Close http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=11&page=1

Close enough actually. I'm getting a triple interface card
pretty soon with RJ(something), Firewire and USB 2.0 so that
should work well. Now if I can just remember what interface
I was drooling over that had ATAT I/O.

Thanks,

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Richard Crowley

I'd like something that puts Firewire on the plugin end of that thing
and ADAT on the box end.

Close http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=11&page=1

Alas, output only, no input. :-(

Len Moskowitz

Kurt Albershardt wrote:

does somebody make a stereo "digital only" audio interface that
works with USB or Firewire?

http://edirol.com/products/info/ua1d.html

When last we checked with Edirol, the UA-1D was not bit-for-bit
accurate.

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912

Len Moskowitz

Edwin Hurwitz wrote:

Maybe I've missed some products and I realize it's not a big market,
but does somebody make a stereo "digital only" audio interface that
works with USB or Firewire?

I went through this to get a Grace V3 into a Powerbook without bringing
a 002R around. I finally found an MAudio Firewire Audiophile that works
great at up to 24/96. There are other solutions, but most seem to be
limited to 16 or 48.

If you just need to get a digital signal into the PC/laptop, the M-Audio
Transit will do the job (for optical) at really low cost; it is powered
from the USB port. If you need to go both ways, the Audiophile USB
(powered from a wall wart) or Firewire Audiophile (powered from the
Firewire port) are the way to go.

[Disclaimer: Core Sound is an M-Audio dealer.]

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912

Bob Cain

Richard Crowley wrote:
I'd like something that puts Firewire on the plugin end of that thing
and ADAT on the box end.

Close http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=11&page=1

Alas, output only, no input. :-(

Oops. Missed that. Useless.