mikea

Default RME expansion boards (stereo TRS inputs?)

I'm probably gonna sound a wee bit thick here, but if I add the AI4S-192
expansion board ( http://www.rme-audio.de/images/hires/ai4s192_lg.jpg ) to
the HDSP9632 card, are the 4 TRS jacks stereo? meaning, that I can use RCA
TRS leans to input a stereo source ie, a CD player? or will a CD player take
up two inputs(1 for left, one for right)?

Kurt Albershardt

mikea wrote:
I'm probably gonna sound a wee bit thick here, but if I add the AI4S-192
expansion board ( http://www.rme-audio.de/images/hires/ai4s192_lg.jpg ) to
the HDSP9632 card, are the 4 TRS jacks stereo? meaning, that I can use RCA
TRS leans to input a stereo source ie, a CD player? or will a CD player take
up two inputs(1 for left, one for right)?

No, they are balanced mono jacks.

mikea

"Kurt Albershardt" wrote in message
mikea wrote:
I'm probably gonna sound a wee bit thick here, but if I add the AI4S-192
expansion board ( http://www.rme-audio.de/images/hires/ai4s192_lg.jpg )

the HDSP9632 card, are the 4 TRS jacks stereo? meaning, that I can use

RCA
TRS leans to input a stereo source ie, a CD player? or will a CD player

take
up two inputs(1 for left, one for right)?

No, they are balanced mono jacks.

im confused
http://www.compumusic.com/Item.aspx?...f-7ccd7043b1c3

"This analog expansion board has one bracket with 4 stereo TRS jacks and
offers the same performance as the on-board stereo analog I/O of the HDSP
9632: up to 192 Khz, balanced and 3 different reference levels. With this a
maximum of 6 inputs can be achieved. "

Kurt Albershardt

mikea wrote:

I'm probably gonna sound a wee bit thick here, but if I add the AI4S-192
expansion board ( http://www.rme-audio.de/images/hires/ai4s192_lg.jpg )
to the HDSP9632 card, are the 4 TRS jacks stereo? meaning, that I can use
RCA TRS leans to input a stereo source ie, a CD player? or will a CD player

take up two inputs(1 for left, one for right)?

No, they are balanced mono jacks.

im confused
http://www.compumusic.com/Item.aspx?...f-7ccd7043b1c3

"This analog expansion board has one bracket with 4 stereo TRS jacks and
offers the same performance as the on-board stereo analog I/O of the HDSP
9632: up to 192 Khz, balanced and 3 different reference levels. With this a
maximum of 6 inputs can be achieved. "

Maximum of 6 inputs (two for the main board and four for the expender board.)

If you want to feed stereo in from the CD player, you should use the TOSLINK port.

If you want to put stereo in from a tuner, you should use two RCA - 1/4" cables, one for each channel.