Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Choosing a fuse

"Big Bad Boob"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inrush_current

Pink graph, bottom right hand of page.

22 amp peak surge in the first half cycle.

I posted this SAME link to YOU three days ago.

Standard 100VA toroidals for 120 VAC power have a 6 ohm primary resistance.

You stupid ****head !!

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
The Phantom The Phantom is offline

On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 16:19:09 -0700, Big Bad Bob
wrote:

SNIP

I can't believe you'd actually say something like that, especially when
you (hypocritically) failed to actually do the EXPERIMENT I mentioned.
Some people, and their arrogance. I thought you were ABOVE that. I
guess not.

I've posted the result of an experiment over on ABSE showing the surge due to
saturation of the core of a toroidal power transformer.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"The Phantom"

I've posted the result of an experiment over on ABSE showing the surge due
saturation of the core of a toroidal power transformer.

** Problem is, almost no-one has access that NG - cos the major ISPs
dropped binaries years ago.

Post it elsewhere and give us a link.

I have a nice JPEG of a DSO screen for a 1KVA conventional transformer.

Shows a half cycle peak of +115 amps ( 240 VAC supply ) then a +30 amp peak
then a +5 amp one etc - all lined up with zero crossings of the AC
voltage.

..... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
The Phantom The Phantom is offline

"The Phantom"

Here you go, all zipped up: http://depositfiles.com/files/xcufurilo

Need a Fuse theo Tech 6 May 18th 08 02:50 AM
To fuse or not to fuse Jonathan Car Audio 12 April 18th 07 09:57 AM
Fuse Mister.Lull Car Audio 2 May 17th 05 01:13 AM
15 amp fuse with 20 w fuse for wire? Spockie Car Audio 18 May 18th 04 07:44 AM
100 amp fuse rokman Car Audio 2 July 6th 03 04:44 PM