Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] tshepard@rcsreg.com is offline

Default Strange periodic spike in CPU use when using ASIO driver

It looks like this:

http://imgur.com/a/gHvRB

It starts up any time I engage the ASIO driver for my M-Audio
Fast Track Ultra. I've tested this in Reaper and Finale. I don't
need to be playing anything. As soon as I select the M-Audio as
my sound device, the spikes start up and recur regularly at 5 second
intervals. When Reaper loses focus it closes the audio driver and
this stops. Starts when Reaper gets focus again. No change when I
start playback. I can pick another soundcard in my system and the
spikes disappear.

I do have the latest drivers for the M-Audio. I'm on Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks for any help.

Tobiah
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 17/11/2016 4:10 p.m., wrote:
It looks like this:

http://imgur.com/a/gHvRB

It starts up any time I engage the ASIO driver for my M-Audio
Fast Track Ultra. I've tested this in Reaper and Finale. I don't
need to be playing anything. As soon as I select the M-Audio as
my sound device, the spikes start up and recur regularly at 5 second
intervals. When Reaper loses focus it closes the audio driver and
this stops. Starts when Reaper gets focus again. No change when I
start playback. I can pick another soundcard in my system and the
spikes disappear.

I do have the latest drivers for the M-Audio. I'm on Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks for any help.

Tobiah

I assume it is a similar hit in Finale ? Which point towards the driver.
What does M-Audio support suggest ?

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil Nil is offline

On 16 Nov 2016, wrote in rec.audio.pro:

It looks like this:

http://imgur.com/a/gHvRB

It starts up any time I engage the ASIO driver for my M-Audio
Fast Track Ultra. I've tested this in Reaper and Finale. I don't
need to be playing anything. As soon as I select the M-Audio as
my sound device, the spikes start up and recur regularly at 5
second intervals. When Reaper loses focus it closes the audio
driver and this stops. Starts when Reaper gets focus again. No
change when I start playback. I can pick another soundcard in my
system and the spikes disappear.

I do have the latest drivers for the M-Audio. I'm on Windows 7
64bit.

I recall similar symptoms with my 32-bit XP system. Going back to an
older version of the M-Audio driver cured it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 10:10:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
It looks like this:

http://imgur.com/a/gHvRB

It starts up any time I engage the ASIO driver for my M-Audio
Fast Track Ultra. I've tested this in Reaper and Finale. I don't
need to be playing anything. As soon as I select the M-Audio as
my sound device, the spikes start up and recur regularly at 5 second
intervals. When Reaper loses focus it closes the audio driver and
this stops. Starts when Reaper gets focus again. No change when I
start playback. I can pick another soundcard in my system and the
spikes disappear.

I do have the latest drivers for the M-Audio. I'm on Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks for any help.

Tobiah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vUl2-F8G5c
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

On 11/17/2016 07:39 AM, JackA wrote:
On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 10:10:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
It looks like this:

http://imgur.com/a/gHvRB

It starts up any time I engage the ASIO driver for my M-Audio
Fast Track Ultra. I've tested this in Reaper and Finale. I don't
need to be playing anything. As soon as I select the M-Audio as
my sound device, the spikes start up and recur regularly at 5 second
intervals. When Reaper loses focus it closes the audio driver and
this stops. Starts when Reaper gets focus again. No change when I
start playback. I can pick another soundcard in my system and the
spikes disappear.

I do have the latest drivers for the M-Audio. I'm on Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks for any help.

Tobiah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vUl2-F8G5c

I think you missed the 5-second periodicity, and the fact
that it happens whether the host app is playing audio or not.

Tobiah

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 12:48:06 PM UTC-5, Tobiah wrote:
[...]

Sorry, I shall pay attention the next time!

Jack

Tobiah