Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Kalman Rubinson

Default "DSD recordings good. PCM recordings bad." - Dr. Diamond

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 19:33:28 GMT, "langvid"
wrote:

Yes, the Gillian Weir performance. Actually, its my second
favorite performance of the Poulenc Organ Concerto on
record (I have five performances) but it is by *far*
the best recording, in my opinion.

Fully agreed. I prefer the Murray and the older Weir performances on
Virgin by a small margin but the organ sound on the Linn has the great
advantage of being enveloping in space and weight.

Kal