Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro
Mykel Mykel is offline

Default Help identify speakers, please!

I hope you can help me! I've come across two speakers and I don't have a
clue as to what they are or what they belong to. I've posted a picture
at: http://70.87.81.162/~seidbd/Auction/2-speakers.jpg

I'd much appreciate any help you could give. I've posted this in 3
groups. Please cc your answers to my personal email address:
mykelboardATgmail.com.

Thanks,
Mykel Board

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Mykel wrote:

I hope you can help me! I've come across two speakers and I don't have a
clue as to what they are or what they belong to. I've posted a picture
at: http://70.87.81.162/~seidbd/Auction/2-speakers.jpg

It's a typical cheap and nasty 'off-brand' Asian horn. It's not 'professional'
equipment.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Mykel"
I hope you can help me! I've come across two speakers and I don't have a
clue as to what they are or what they belong to. I've posted a picture
at: http://70.87.81.162/~seidbd/Auction/2-speakers.jpg

I'd much appreciate any help you could give. I've posted this in 3
groups. Please cc your answers to my personal email address:
mykelboardATgmail.com.

** Look just like the ones Radio Shack sold in the mid 1970s.

......... Phil

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro
Steve Urbach Steve Urbach is offline

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 21:56:17 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

Mykel wrote:

I hope you can help me! I've come across two speakers and I don't have a
clue as to what they are or what they belong to. I've posted a picture
at: http://70.87.81.162/~seidbd/Auction/2-speakers.jpg

It's a typical cheap and nasty 'off-brand' Asian horn. It's not 'professional'
equipment.

Graham

Have to agree.
Note the cheap solder lug terminals instead if Binding Posts, sloppy looking
mounting holes without thicker metal "bosses".
Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro
David Martel David Martel is offline

Phil,

If I recall correctly that was a 15 watt horn tweeter that was sold as a
30 watt peak music power tweeter. It came with a capacitor as a crossover
and worked fairly well. The back cover is missing on this one but it does
look like RS stuff.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Mykel wrote:
I hope you can help me! I've come across two speakers and I don't have a
clue as to what they are or what they belong to. I've posted a picture
at: http://70.87.81.162/~seidbd/Auction/2-speakers.jpg

I'd much appreciate any help you could give. I've posted this in 3
groups. Please cc your answers to my personal email address:
mykelboardATgmail.com.

These are cheap plastic PA horns, as used in some of the crappier floor
monitor wedges. Radio Shack sells something like it for a few bucks,
and replacement diaphragms are available.

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro

"Mykel" wrote ...
I hope you can help me! I've come across two speakers and I don't have a
clue as to what they are or what they belong to. I've posted a picture
at: http://70.87.81.162/~seidbd/Auction/2-speakers.jpg

The picture shows a cheap plastic horn tweeter.
It likely belongs to a cheap speaker system of
some kind. Why do you ask?

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Scott Dorsey"

These are cheap plastic PA horns,

** Nope - made from die cast alloy.

...... Phil

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro
David Martel David Martel is offline

Phil,

True but RS did sell a cheap mid-range horn which was plastic. My
recollection is that the mid-range horns were terrible.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"David Martel"
Phil,

True but RS did sell a cheap mid-range horn which was plastic. My
recollection is that the mid-range horns were terrible.

** RS sold a smaller version of the pictured horn as a tweeter horn.

Performance was rather good for the very modest price.

High efficiency and lots of SPL available from 4 kHz up to about 17 kHz.

......... Phil

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro
GregS GregS is offline

wrote:

Mykel wrote:

I hope you can help me! I've come across two speakers and I don't have a
clue as to what they are or what they belong to. I've posted a picture
at:
http://70.87.81.162/~seidbd/Auction/2-speakers.jpg

It's a typical cheap and nasty 'off-brand' Asian horn. It's not 'professional'
equipment.

Graham

Have to agree.
Note the cheap solder lug terminals instead if Binding Posts, sloppy looking
mounting holes without thicker metal "bosses".

I don't like binding posts on drivers.

greg
Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro
GregS GregS is offline

In article , "Phil Allison" wrote:

"Mykel"
I hope you can help me! I've come across two speakers and I don't have a
clue as to what they are or what they belong to. I've posted a picture
at: http://70.87.81.162/~seidbd/Auction/2-speakers.jpg

I'd much appreciate any help you could give. I've posted this in 3
groups. Please cc your answers to my personal email address:
mykelboardATgmail.com.

** Look just like the ones Radio Shack sold in the mid 1970

I recall mostly one likeness, sold by many, Including Pyle.
There was another better unit made by some company, then Klipsh
took over.

greg