Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default problem with old archive

I have a disk of backed up files that I copied back in '01 with CD
direct as an open ended multi session disk. I no longer use CD direct
or have a copy of it. Nero which is what I currently use doesn't
recognize the disk. The copy I did have of CD direct isn't recognized
by XP even in windows 98 mode. I would like to reuse this session as
the client wants to record the same song in another language.
Any ideas?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers

wrote:
I have a disk of backed up files that I copied back in '01 with CD
direct as an open ended multi session disk. I no longer use CD direct
or have a copy of it. Nero which is what I currently use doesn't
recognize the disk. The copy I did have of CD direct isn't recognized
by XP even in windows 98 mode.

Welcome to the wonderful world of "it's digital so you can always make
a perfect copy." Thanks for reinforcing my contention that the biggest
problem with digital "archiving" will be finding something to play your
data on if you have it stored for more than a few years.

As to your problem, if you have a copy of the program that wrote the CD
and it's for Win98, you should load up a copy of Win98 and see if that
allows you to read the disk. It may, or may not. Good luck.

And next time, back up on analog tape.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chip Borton

wrote in message
news
I have a disk of backed up files that I copied back in '01 with CD
direct as an open ended multi session disk. I no longer use CD direct
or have a copy of it. Nero which is what I currently use doesn't
recognize the disk. The copy I did have of CD direct isn't recognized
by XP even in windows 98 mode. I would like to reuse this session as
the client wants to record the same song in another language.
Any ideas?

Just a thought ...
Isobuster just might be able to recover your disc.
http://www.isobuster.com/
It's pulled me out of a jam before.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Thanks all
I did download a copy of ISO buster and it seems to have done the
trick.

CLC: More John Stewart Vacuum Tubes 12 November 2nd 04 09:47 AM
Problem With Alpine Head Unit/Type E Subs (Part 2) Brian Lamendola Car Audio 3 May 25th 04 04:58 AM