Rasmus Nielsen

Default Amplifier for BM6's

Hi.

I've got some Dynaudio BM6 passive speakers real cheap and I intend to
use them as monitors for my video editing system (computer based).

Which amplifier should I look for to match these monitors. I would like
something not too expensive (‚¬600), but still something that gives
these speakers what the need to produce the precise audio that they are
famous for.

I've found these real chap options:

Alesis RA300 - http://www.alesis.com/products/ra300/ - specs. look good
- is it a good match for these speakers?

Behringer A500 - http://www.behringer.com/A500/index.cfm?lang=ENG -
also good specs. - but almost to cheap to be any good, or?

Speaker specs. can be found he
http://www.dynaudioacoustics.com/Default.asp?Id=275

Thanks in advance!

--
/Rasmus.

Predrag Trpkov

"Rasmus Nielsen" wrote in message
. dk...
Hi.

I've got some Dynaudio BM6 passive speakers real cheap and I intend to
use them as monitors for my video editing system (computer based).

Which amplifier should I look for to match these monitors. I would like
something not too expensive (‚¬600), but still something that gives
these speakers what the need to produce the precise audio that they are
famous for.

I've found these real chap options:

Alesis RA300 - http://www.alesis.com/products/ra300/ - specs. look good
- is it a good match for these speakers?

Behringer A500 - http://www.behringer.com/A500/index.cfm?lang=ENG -
also good specs. - but almost to cheap to be any good, or?

Wouldn't know about the cheapos, but the Hafler TA1600 worked well with my
BM6s.

Predrag

Alexi

Alesis is great stuff!, but i wudnt go with the behringer, there
effects and desk are fine and i stand by my desk and effect but when it
come to amplifiers there very unreliable

John L Rice

[...]

A Hafler P3000 should work great for you.

--
John L Rice
www.DeliriumFix.com

Scott Dorsey

Rasmus Nielsen wrote:

Alesis RA300 - http://www.alesis.com/products/ra300/ - specs. look good
- is it a good match for these speakers?

It is one of the worst-sounding amplifiers I have used.

Behringer A500 - http://www.behringer.com/A500/index.cfm?lang=ENG -
also good specs. - but almost to cheap to be any good, or?

I have no idea. I have never used one, but it can't be as bad as the
Alesis.

You might look into a used Adcom GFA-555 or one of the Parasound home
amplifiers. You get only unbalanced inputs, but they sound good.

hank alrich

Alexi wrote:

Alesis is great stuff!

I haven't found that to apply to their amps.

--
ha

Edwin Hurwitz

In article ,
Rasmus Nielsen wrote:

Hi.

I've got some Dynaudio BM6 passive speakers real cheap and I intend to
use them as monitors for my video editing system (computer based).

Which amplifier should I look for to match these monitors. I would like
something not too expensive (‚¬600), but still something that gives
these speakers what the need to produce the precise audio that they are
famous for.

I've found these real chap options:

Alesis RA300 - http://www.alesis.com/products/ra300/ - specs. look good
- is it a good match for these speakers?

Behringer A500 - http://www.behringer.com/A500/index.cfm?lang=ENG -
also good specs. - but almost to cheap to be any good, or?

Speaker specs. can be found he
http://www.dynaudioacoustics.com/Default.asp?Id=275

Thanks in advance!

I would avoid the Alesis and Behringer amps for this application. I use
an old McIntosh amp (2105) for my passive monitors and it sounds great.
Adcom and Hafler seem to come up a lot, so I would start there in the
used market.

Edwin

Will a CROWN XLS 202 II be a good choice? - its within my price range,
but I would have to keep it in another room because of the cooling fan.

/Rasmus.

John L Rice

wrote in message
oups.com...
Will a CROWN XLS 202 II be a good choice? - its within my price range,
but I would have to keep it in another room because of the cooling fan.

/Rasmus.

For a little more you could get a Hafler P3000 or for a little less a P1500.
Both are well respected amps and no cooling fan.

--
John L Rice
www.DeliriumFix.com