Mikey G.

Default Studio Projects C1

I am new here, so if this has been discussed recently, please forgive
me.

Does anyone here have any experience with the Studio Projects C1
Condenser? I have read lots of good things about them, and wonder if
people have opinions about it. I am in the process of putting a home
studio together and just picked one up. Have not used it once yet
though. Many people have compared it to a Neuman- wondered if it's
all hype.

Thank you,
Mike

Harvey Gerst

Mikey G. wrote:

I am new here, so if this has been discussed recently, please forgive
me.

Does anyone here have any experience with the Studio Projects C1
Condenser? I have read lots of good things about them, and wonder if
people have opinions about it. I am in the process of putting a home
studio together and just picked one up. Have not used it once yet
though. Many people have compared it to a Neuman- wondered if it's
all hype.

Mike,

Comparing it to a Neumann U87 is mainly hype. Now having said that, it can also
be a very useful mic for home and small studios. It's solidly made and more
important, Studio Projects stands behind all their products with a great
reputation for customer service.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/

"Mikey G." wrote in message
I am new here, so if this has been discussed recently, please forgive
me.

Does anyone here have any experience with the Studio Projects C1
Condenser? I have read lots of good things about them, and wonder if
people have opinions about it.

Many people do.

I am in the process of putting a home
studio together and just picked one up. Have not used it once yet
though. Many people have compared it to a Neuman

Which Neumann?

- wondered if it's all hype.

Not ALL hype, but certainly around 6k there is. lol

I used to have one of these mics, I found it a bit scratchy on the high
end. It's a decent enough mic for the price point, and you could certainly
do much worse, but you could also do much better... for example, an AT-4033
is a nice mic that is much clearer & has a nice top end, but not an
overly-hyped one, and you can often pick them up used for in the $250
range.

The C-1 doesn't completely suck, but IMO it doesn't really sound like a
U-87, which is what if often gets compared to. I know a couple of people
who love 'em, though, so YMMV.
--

Neil Henderson
Progressive Rock

Bill Ruys

Here's a cheesy song I had to sing for my sister's wedding. Vocals recorded
on the C1.

http://www.siliconaudio.co.nz/music.htm

Keep in mind the following:
(1) Mic pre was a cheap $80.00 Audio buddy.
(2) Recorded in a bedroom with no acoustic treatment.

I just wish I could afford a decent mic pre to see what I could really do
with the mic. But this recording will help you hear the basic
characteristic of the mic.

Bill