Automan

Default Sub help

I have just bought the Infinity Baslink sub 200w rms, and it sounds good and
are a nice little sub that perform very.. very good for it's size.
But i want more feeling and a smoother subsound that can go little lower in
Hz.

I have 30days to change my mind if i dont want to keep this Baslink.

I am considering going for twin Rockford Fosgate P212S4 12" and a nice amp,
i think it's called Gas silver c2100 (they recomended it to me), and let the
hifistore make a proffesional made "box" to fit my stationwagon.
I also just bought a condensator 1farad, it's called Lightning, from f&f
movie dont know if i really need it :/

I would really need some advice from you all, should i stay with the baslink
and be satisfied, or change it to that i mentioned before... (please tell me
if you think there will be a big difference between them or not) or advice
me on another afordable setup, thanks.

Thank you for any help i can get!

regards,Automan

Automan

Thanks for the reply Scott!

Isn't the Gas silver c2001 a powerful high quality amp ? they said it was a
very good/powerful :/ And they recomended it highly.

I am confused... should i just stay with baslink :/ or should i upgrade to
this twin 12" and that amp/or other amp ?
btw, should i go for the next step up in speakers, or maybe twin 15" ?

I mostly play zztop and koto and queen, yello, enigma and that kind of
music, no need for a fast sub, just one that can go low and with a smooth
and powerfull punch.

Take care !

"Scott Johnson" wrote in
message ...

"Automan" wrote in message
[...]

Daniel Snooks

Automan wrote
Thanks for the reply Scott!

Isn't the Gas silver c2001 a powerful high quality amp ? they said it was

very good/powerful :/ And they recomended it highly.

I am confused... should i just stay with baslink :/ or should i upgrade

this twin 12" and that amp/or other amp ?

I believe that Scott was suggesting that a pair of 12's would be overkill
given the goal you are trying to acheive. What you might want to consider is
getting the c2001 and a single 12". Then if you decide you want more, you
can just add another 12" without worry about getting a different amp. There
is nothing wrong with using a more powerful amp then necessary and allowing
for future considerations.

btw, should i go for the next step up in speakers, or maybe twin 15" ?

Again, it will be overkill for your situation.

I mostly play zztop and koto and queen, yello, enigma and that kind of
music, no need for a fast sub, just one that can go low and with a smooth
and powerfull punch.

Take care !

An 8" sub can go low and smooth with powerful punch ... it's in the install.
No one is suggesting that you shouldn't get the pair of 12's, just
questioning the need.

Automan

One small question, how would you rate the baslink from infinity ? the new
model.

Thanks for any input on this before i make up my mind completly.

Take care everyone !

"Daniel Snooks" wrote in message
[...]

Daniel Snooks

Automan wrote
One small question, how would you rate the baslink from infinity ? the new
model.

Thanks for any input on this before i make up my mind completly.

Take care everyone !

I am getting a little confused here. How would I rate the basslink from
infinity compared to what? It won't hold a candle to a decent pair of 12",
but is that what you want to know?
What are you trying to accomplish?
How much bass is enough?
How much room do you have available?
How much are you willing to spend?
What do you have installed right now?
Why are you considering upgrading?
Help us help you ...

Peter Klein

If you plan to drive to Fosgaste subs, try driving them with a Fosgate amp.
It should work well! If you have a good sub enclosure, not just another
sealed box, you won't need a capacitor. P.

"Automan" wrote in message
[...]

Daniel Snooks

Peter Klein wrote
If you plan to drive to Fosgaste subs, try driving them with a Fosgate

amp.
It should work well! If you have a good sub enclosure, not just another
sealed box, you won't need a capacitor. P.

You are a complete idiot ... the end

Automan

I have the baslink installed right now, but i still have a choice to take it
back and get a handbuild "box" with a nice powerful amp and twin 12" of my
choice, either a pair of Rockford Fosgate P212s4 or a more expensive choice
of a pair JBL P1220E.

I have a Volvo V90 (final model of the 965) stationwagon.
The bass right now with the baslink is ok... sounds good, but im wondering
if i will feel that way in a couple of moths, will i regrett that i didnt
make the trade to a big "box" with good amp and nice twin 12" ?

Im probably going to change my speakers in the doors that are Volvos top
model for something alot better soon, but for now is should i pay over 1000$
for a sub, or be satisfied with the baslink that cost me around 400$... i
really like powerful bass, power with a soft edge on it, but i dont care if
other hear my sub outside the car, the most important thing is the quality
of the music experience. I rather play highest quality to my self inside the
car, and dont care if it sonds anything outside at all.

Like i said, i listen to koto,zz top, yello, queen, dire straits etc, the
space it takes doesn't make much difference to me, ju want to have the best
powerfull quality hifi experience.
Like with my home cinema, i have that sub set for a little extra bass for
the better feeling of being there.

Im sattisfied with the baslink, but sometimes i wonder if i would want more
then this baslink can deliver :/ it's really good and dont take up much
space, but is it good enough for me i wonder... hmm

I have the space for a biiiig sub

I maybe willing to spend those extra $ if i feel that it will be worth it,
if it's that much difference in the feeling, the experience when listening
to my favorite soundtrack ?

What i want to accomplish.... dont know, just the best feeling when playing
music in my car down the highway. maybe i will install some screens later,
but for now it's working to get a good sound in the car first.

Hope this info helps you to help me in any way... or maybe it just make you
more confused

Take care everyone !!!

"Daniel Snooks" wrote in message
Automan wrote
One small question, how would you rate the baslink from infinity ? the

new
model.

Thanks for any input on this before i make up my mind completly.

Take care everyone !

I am getting a little confused here. How would I rate the basslink from
infinity compared to what? It won't hold a candle to a decent pair of 12",
but is that what you want to know?
What are you trying to accomplish?
How much bass is enough?
How much room do you have available?
How much are you willing to spend?
What do you have installed right now?
Why are you considering upgrading?
Help us help you ...

Daniel Snooks

Automan wrote
[...]

Seems to me that you really want to go with the pair of 12s. If you have the
$, do it. Regret sucks.

Like i said, i listen to koto,zz top, yello, queen, dire straits etc, the
space it takes doesn't make much difference to me, ju want to have the

best
powerfull quality hifi experience.
Like with my home cinema, i have that sub set for a little extra bass for
the better feeling of being there.

Im sattisfied with the baslink, but sometimes i wonder if i would want

more
then this baslink can deliver :/ it's really good and dont take up much
space, but is it good enough for me i wonder... hmm

I have the space for a biiiig sub

I maybe willing to spend those extra $ if i feel that it will be worth it,
if it's that much difference in the feeling, the experience when listening
to my favorite soundtrack ?

The difference should be quite spectacular (assuming a proper install of the
pair of 12s)
Also, have you considered a single 12"? This would save a bit of space, but
you could get similar results.