Posted to rec.audio.tech
GreenXenon GreenXenon is offline

Default Stereo Microcassette Recorder/Player with slowest speed?

Hi:

I'm looking for a stereo microcassette player/recorder which records/
plays at a speed of 15/32 ips [or 1.19 cm/s]. This microcassette
player/recorder should have two built-in speakers -- one for the left
stereo channel and the other for the right stereo channel. There are
times -- depending on my mood -- that I actually like the artifacts
associated with tapes. This device should be purely-analog [no digital
entities] and should not contain any high or low pass filters. Also,
this device should not contain a microphone because I plan to record
songs from my computer and CD player to this device via audio cables.
I would plug one side of a stereo audio cable into the audio-out of my
CD player or computer and the other side of the cable into the audio-
in of the microcassette player/recorder. This device should also be AC-
powered and not require any batteries.

What is the closest existing device that fits my above preferences?

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Green Xenon
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson[_3_] Trevor Wilson[_3_] is offline

GreenXenon wrote:
[...]

**A cheap MP3 player + a little white noise. Use no more than 32kb/s to keep
the quality down to your requirements. You could try recording at lower data
rates, to drive the quality further down. Most of them need to be plugged
into a USB port, so you can just leave it plugged in permanently if that
suits. You can purchase a dedicated MP3 plugpack if you prefer. That should
do the trick.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Dec 30, 7:55*pm, "Trevor Wilson" wrote:

**A cheap MP3 player + a little white noise. Use no more than 32kb/s to keep
the quality down to your requirements. You could try recording at lower data
rates, to drive the quality further down. Most of them need to be plugged
into a USB port, so you can just leave it plugged in permanently if that
suits. You can purchase a dedicated MP3 plugpack if you prefer. That should
do the trick.

Sorry to say. Not even close. Thanks for trying to help, though.

MP3s suck @$$ in terms of their artifacts. I hate MP3 audio artifacts
with a passion. Besides, you need a tape if you want all of the
cassette qualities -- e.g. wow and flutter.