Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

Default THE BILL MAY REPORT: Buying the best output transformer

"RdM" wrote in message
Iain Churches wrote

But there is definately a difference in expectation from country
to country. One comes across this also in recording with
preferences in playing styles and sounds.

That's half-way towards "defiantly" ;- but I agree in my experience

You are "definitely" correct:-)) This subject of
territorial preferences in music and also sound
production is an interesting one.

I remember the sudden rise in popularity of the
HiWatt amplifier on recording sessions UK studios.
(Pete Townsend used Hi Watt)

Similarly on the question of playing styles, many
students used to practice the recorded solos and
hot lucks of their idols ( I don't know of a single
jazz saxophone player of any merit who, as a
student has not struggled to learn Charlie Parker's
"Koko", or the embouchure to create the unique
sound of Earl Bostic "Flamingo" the track from
which the legendary John Coltrane is said to have
developed his own style.

It's not about emulation but about simulation in the
process of finding your own style and sound. I have
adopted the same course as a recording engineer.
Look, listen and learn. Everyone can teach you
something, even if it is simply *not* how to do it!

Regards to all
Iain