audionewbie333

Default HELP! There is no place to run power wire for amp in camry!

I am putting subs in my 1996 Toyota Camry LE and I was thinking I would
run the power wire from the batter to the amplifier through the rubber
gasket, except there is none! The only thing I see is the brake gasket
and that thing is sealed......there is no place for the power wire to
go from the battery to inside my car! Can somebody help Please!??!

--
audionewbie333

cyrus the virus

In article ,
audionewbie333 wrote:

I am putting subs in my 1996 Toyota Camry LE and I was thinking I would
run the power wire from the batter to the amplifier through the rubber
gasket, except there is none! The only thing I see is the brake gasket
and that thing is sealed......there is no place for the power wire to
go from the battery to inside my car! Can somebody help Please!??!

--
audionewbie333

time to bust out the drill.

--
cyrus

capone

drill your own hole....just make sure its clear on both sides

--
capone

Daniel Snooks

audionewbie333 wrote

I am putting subs in my 1996 Toyota Camry LE and I was thinking I would
run the power wire from the batter to the amplifier through the rubber
gasket, except there is none! The only thing I see is the brake gasket
and that thing is sealed......there is no place for the power wire to
go from the battery to inside my car! Can somebody help Please!??!

The other replies are correct, you must drill ... I did my buddies '93 and
there was plenty of room up and left of the brake grommet (looking from
inside) Have a good look from both sides of the firewall to orient yourself
with where the brake grommet is, then start with a small bit (1/8" or so) to
drill a pilot hole. Don't forget to use a grommet. Did you buy an amp wiring
kit? It will have the proper size grommet in it, and should say what size
hole you need.

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks

s7oned

drill and seal

i loved it when cars were simpler *Sigh*
--
s7oned
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=162328

Aaron

I am putting subs in my 1996 Toyota Camry LE and I was thinking I would
run the power wire from the batter to the amplifier through the rubber
gasket, except there is none! The only thing I see is the brake gasket
and that thing is sealed......there is no place for the power wire to
go from the battery to inside my car! Can somebody help Please!??!

I know I'm about 2 months late replying to this, but I must comment.
Everyone was wrong when they replied to this, the last thing you want to
do is start drilling holes in your firewall...

I have a 4 gauge wire passing through a stock rubber grommet directly
behind the alternator on my 5S-FE powered Camry. There's a very large
(2" x 3") rubber gasket/grommet that the wiring harness runs through. I
cut a slit next to the wiring harness and fed my wire through there
(after going through a fuse of course).

You guys should try setting a stereo up in an '89 MR2 S/C, the camry is
simple to install in. Lotsa room behind the deck, lotsa room for
everything...

Just my $.02 of course...

Aaron