Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] joe90@yahoo.com is offline

Default Zoom H2 Handy Recorder - Brilliant!

Not billed as professional kit, but well worth including here on pure
merit. See he

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h2/

Had mine a couple of days now and it's amazing for the money - £134.99
UKP from:

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail...ckCode=ST00643

The benefits a

1. Produces broadcast quality sound from the onboard mics, Sony
ECM-MS90 and via the line-in socket.

2. Low price

3. Decent build quality

4. Generous accessories, including...foam windshield, USB cable, Y
audio cable, DC power supply, conical handle, 0.25 inch standard screw
fitting tripod attachment, 512Mb SD card, drawstring soft carrying bag
& nice-sounding earbuds.

5. Takes Hi capacity SD cards up to 8Gb. I am using a Sandisk Extreme
III 2GB. So you can be sure it works with those.

6. Good printed manual in well-written English - easy to understand.
But most readers of this group could start using the H2 without even
bothering with the manual. Just make sure the battery meter is set for
NiMh cells (if you are using them) and that's your reading done. The
rest is so intuitive.

7. No 'funny noises' attending what you actually record

8. Date/time stamped recordings

And the demerits:

1. No balanced XLR sockets with phantom power

2. Very small LCD screen - reading glasses may be required

3. What appears to be a USB 1.1 interface. Transfers from the device
to the PC are slow. Best use a proper USB 2.0 card reader.

If you want to get great quality audio into your PC this is it. I
don't think there's anything else on the market right now that
trounces the H2 in terms of 'price versus performance'. I can't
recommend it highly enough.

A 'must have' tool for the discerning musician and journalist.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Kuschel Richard Kuschel is offline

On Jan 4, 3:29 pm, wrote:
Not billed as professional kit, but well worth including here on pure
merit. See he

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h2/

Had mine a couple of days now and it's amazing for the money - £134.99
UKP from:

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail...ckCode=ST00643

The benefits a

1. Produces broadcast quality sound from the onboard mics, Sony
ECM-MS90 and via the line-in socket.

Gawd I hate that term "Broadcast Quality". It relly used to mean
something when reel- reel was the standard. Now, with MP3's dominating
the airwaves, the only way that quality is measured is in profit.

I am certain that the H2 is a wonderful toy, but that is really all
that can be said for it- that and It's cheap!!!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
rboy rboy is offline

On Jan 4, 8:20*pm, Richard Kuschel wrote:

Gawd I hate that term "Broadcast Quality". It relly used to mean
something when reel- reel was the standard. Now, with MP3's dominating
the airwaves, the only way that quality is measured is in profit.

Oh don't be such a grouch, Richard : ) I'm happy in my knowledge
that all the interviews I made on my Sony Walkman were "broadcast
quality". After all, they were "broadcast", as were the all the
telephone interviews into the Radio Shack cassette phone recorder.

I think it's an amusing concept. Does it mean it'll pass muster in
the AM radio in my car?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Fraser Scott Fraser is offline

Gawd I hate that term "Broadcast Quality".

Does it mean better or worse than "CD Quality"? When somebody tells me
something is "CD Quality" I usually reply "Oh, is it really that bad?"

Scott Fraser
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Fran Guidry Fran Guidry is offline

On Jan 4, 2:29 pm, wrote:
[...]

I did a little comparison of my H2 to my full boat recording rig:

http://www.fxguidry.com/pblog/index....y071201-161322

If the H2 is a toy, it's the single niftiest toy I've ever had in my
hands.

Fran

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Jan 4, 9:33 pm, rboy wrote:

Oh don't be such a grouch, Richard : ) I'm happy in my knowledge
that all the interviews I made on my Sony Walkman were "broadcast
quality".

"Broadcast quality" is the new "CD quality."
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
On Jan 4, 9:33 pm, rboy wrote:

Oh don't be such a grouch, Richard : ) I'm happy in my knowledge
that all the interviews I made on my Sony Walkman were "broadcast
quality".

"Broadcast quality" is the new "CD quality."

"Almost as good as AM radio!"
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Jan 5, 2:57 pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

"Almost as good as AM radio!"

But AM radio is better (fidelity-wise, not content-wise) today than
when I was growing up and listening on headphones connected to a
crystal detector. I think that I got to be the way I am today by
licking the lead mount for the galena crystal trying to get better
contact, for better reception.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Mike Rivers wrote:
On Jan 5, 2:57 pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

"Almost as good as AM radio!"

But AM radio is better (fidelity-wise, not content-wise) today than
when I was growing up and listening on headphones connected to a
crystal detector. I think that I got to be the way I am today by
licking the lead mount for the galena crystal trying to get better
contact, for better reception.

I doubt it. Around the time when the NRSC standards were being set up
in the late eighties, some folks from the NAB measured channel bandwidth
and group delay of a bunch of radios, and a 1929 RCA Radiotron TRF set
came out as number one. I'm not surprised that the current range of
crappy AM radios with 4 KHz cutoffs didn't come out so well, but I was
surprised an old TRF set would be any better than an All-American Five.

With a crystal set, of course, the headphones are the only bandlimiting
in the circuit. (Well, plus the cable parasitic capacitance.)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] joe90@yahoo.com is offline

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 17:20:02 -0800 (PST), Richard Kuschel
wrote:

On Jan 4, 3:29 pm, wrote:

1. Produces broadcast quality sound from the onboard mics, Sony
ECM-MS90 and via the line-in socket.

Gawd I hate that term "Broadcast Quality". It relly used to mean
something when reel- reel was the standard. Now, with MP3's dominating
the airwaves, the only way that quality is measured is in profit.

I am certain that the H2 is a wonderful toy, but that is really all
that can be said for it- that and It's cheap!!!

Yes. You are right. It's been a long time since I was in
broadcasting... The days when Studers, Nagras and Uhers ruled the
roost and most journos dashed about doing interviews with Sony
Professional Walkmen, the recordings from which, BBC studio managers
would regularly refuse to dub because of the poor quality. Then, as
deadlines approached, tempers flared... Great fun.

But with this little gadget - the H2 - I don't somehow think even the
crankiest AS could object to the quality from it. The only downside is
the lack of professional features. But at this ridiculously low price
one cannot really complain.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Jan 5, 6:12 pm, wrote:

But with this little gadget - the H2 - I don't somehow think even the
crankiest AS could object to the quality from it. The only downside is
the lack of professional features.

If I remember correctly, you can turn on a pre-record buffer to catch
what was said or played a few seconds before your finger hit the
Record button. That's a "professional" feature that a lot of
journalists probably wished they had at some time or other.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
haligonab haligonab is offline

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 10:03:44 -0800 (PST), Fran Guidry
wrote:

On Jan 4, 2:29 pm, wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the real-world demo. The difference is quite obvious, but
for the $$ that little thing sounds great. I think I know where some
of my tax refund will be going.

SWB
Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Lamp John Lamp is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
On Jan 5, 6:12 pm, wrote:

But with this little gadget - the H2 - I don't somehow think even the
crankiest AS could object to the quality from it. The only downside is
the lack of professional features.

If I remember correctly, you can turn on a pre-record buffer to catch
what was said or played a few seconds before your finger hit the
Record button. That's a "professional" feature that a lot of
journalists probably wished they had at some time or other.

Yes, a two seconds pre-record buffer. It's on by default. Absolutely
life-saving.

Cheers
John
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Fran Guidry wrote:

I did a little comparison of my H2 to my full boat recording rig:

http://www.fxguidry.com/pblog/index....y071201-161322

Many thanks for that comparison. An interesting test.

If the H2 is a toy, it's the single niftiest toy I've ever had in my
hands.

I am more than happy to be using it. One work around for the crappy
mechanism for attaching it to a mic stand is to use the Roland OP-R09M
adapter for their R-09 recorder.

http://www.roland.com/products/en/OP-R09M/

Cheers
John
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Jan 6, 12:27 pm, Organfreak wrote:

1. No balanced XLR sockets with phantom power

That's why they also sell something called the H4.

No, the fact that too few people used the XLRs and phantom power drove
them to building the H2 without. All in all, unless you really need
features of the H4 that the H2 doesn't provide, the H2 is a far better
product. It's easier to use than the H4, the mics are more versatile
and they sound better, and it'll probably not break as soon.

"Specs" have little meaning in a product like this. It's performance
and usability that count, and I think the H2 does a good job. Would I
sell the Nagra? No. But I'd buy an H2 and use it for things it does
best.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Jan 6, 1:39 pm, Organfreak wrote:

Fine, I wouldn't disagree. But all I did was state a fact for those who are
looking for Canon mic inputs.

Those looking for XLR inputs should be looking at the total picture.
It may be that the H4 is the best choice for them. I could point out
the 2 second pre-record buffer of the H2. Those looking for that might
have to choose between the buffer and XLR inputs. Adapters are easy to
make. Buffers and phantom power supplies are not, but phantom power
supplies are easier than buffers.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

John Lamp wrote:
Fran Guidry wrote:

I did a little comparison of my H2 to my full boat recording rig:

http://www.fxguidry.com/pblog/index....y071201-161322

Many thanks for that comparison. An interesting test.

If the H2 is a toy, it's the single niftiest toy I've ever had in my
hands.

I am more than happy to be using it. One work around for the crappy
mechanism for attaching it to a mic stand is to use the Roland OP-R09M
adapter for their R-09 recorder.

A standard security camera ball-joint swivel stand is great. And the plastic
lug thing works fine. But it took me a few minutes to firgure that it wasn't
a cheesy 'handle' !!!

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

geoff wrote:
John Lamp wrote:
Fran Guidry wrote:

I did a little comparison of my H2 to my full boat recording rig:

http://www.fxguidry.com/pblog/index....y071201-161322

Many thanks for that comparison. An interesting test.

If the H2 is a toy, it's the single niftiest toy I've ever had in my
hands.

I am more than happy to be using it. One work around for the crappy
mechanism for attaching it to a mic stand is to use the Roland
OP-R09M adapter for their R-09 recorder.

A standard security camera ball-joint swivel stand is great. And the
plastic lug thing works fine. But it took me a few minutes to firgure
that it wasn't a cheesy 'handle' !!!

geoff

The only TOTAL COCKUP is that is only has a USB 1.1 interface, not USB2.
WHY did they do that ? Yes, you can stick the card in an external
card-reader....

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Jan 6, 4:43 pm, "geoff" wrote:

The only TOTAL COCKUP is that is only has a USB 1.1 interface, not USB2.
WHY did they do that ? Yes, you can stick the card in an external
card-reader....

What's the problem? Speed of transfer? Start it copying files and take
a leak. Have a cup of tea. Pet your cat. Decide who you want for
president. It was probably a cost/compatibility issue. The H2 is more
of a "real people's" recorder than a cutting edge product. If it was
an 8-track recorder, that might justify the speed of USB2, but there
just isn't that much data to worry about speed.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Mike Rivers wrote:
On Jan 6, 4:43 pm, "geoff" wrote:

The only TOTAL COCKUP is that is only has a USB 1.1 interface, not USB2.
WHY did they do that ? Yes, you can stick the card in an external
card-reader....

What's the problem? Speed of transfer? Start it copying files and take
a leak. Have a cup of tea. Pet your cat. Decide who you want for
president. It was probably a cost/compatibility issue. The H2 is more
of a "real people's" recorder than a cutting edge product. If it was
an 8-track recorder, that might justify the speed of USB2, but there
just isn't that much data to worry about speed.

It took under half an hour to dump a couple of hours of mixed .wav &
multi channel recordings I made the other day in formats up to 24bit/
96KHz, totalling 1.67 Gig. I say under, because I was doing other stuff
at the time, so I don't know when it finished...

If it's *that* urgent, then take your laptop with you & use it as an
interface. ;-)

I don't yet have a card reader that'll cope with cards over 2 Gig, so I
don't know how much time it would save.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] joe90@yahoo.com is offline

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 09:27:35 -0800, Organfreak
wrote:

blatted:
Not billed as professional kit, but well worth including here on pure
merit. See he

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h2/

[SNIP]
And the demerits:

1. No balanced XLR sockets with phantom power

That's why they also sell something called the H4.

But was there not a 'whistling' issue with that? And besides, the H4
looks absolutely awful - rather akin to one of those electric shock
devices used for self-defence. There are some things you just cannot
be seen with, no matter how well they perform (or not).

Whereas, the H2 is devoid of undocumented features and looks fine.

It's also exceptionally well-priced...
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
On Jan 6, 4:43 pm, "geoff" wrote:

The only TOTAL COCKUP is that is only has a USB 1.1 interface, not
USB2. WHY did they do that ? Yes, you can stick the card in an
external card-reader....

What's the problem? Speed of transfer? Start it copying files and take
a leak. Have a cup of tea. Pet your cat. Decide who you want for
president. It was probably a cost/compatibility issue. The H2 is more
of a "real people's" recorder than a cutting edge product. If it was
an 8-track recorder, that might justify the speed of USB2, but there
just isn't that much data to worry about speed.

You'd need a big drink of tea to soak up 4GB of file transfer like I did
(went to bed leaving it going) before I had a chance to get a reader....

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Jan 6, 8:39 pm, "geoff" wrote:

You'd need a big drink of tea to soak up 4GB of file transfer like I did
(went to bed leaving it going) before I had a chance to get a reader....

So what's wrong with leaving the file transfer to run overnight?
That's great multi-tasking.

Just estimate the file transfer time properly. Don't take a big drink
of tea when you start the transfer, decide you don't want to wait up
for it, go to bed, and then wake up a few hours later because you have
to pee. But another way of looking at it is that by then, the transfer
will be finished and you can go back to work.

Multi-tasking again.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
On Jan 6, 8:39 pm, "geoff" wrote:

You'd need a big drink of tea to soak up 4GB of file transfer like I
did (went to bed leaving it going) before I had a chance to get a
reader....

So what's wrong with leaving the file transfer to run overnight?
That's great multi-tasking.

Just estimate the file transfer time properly. Don't take a big drink
of tea when you start the transfer, decide you don't want to wait up
for it, go to bed, and then wake up a few hours later because you have
to pee. But another way of looking at it is that by then, the transfer
will be finished and you can go back to work.

Multi-tasking again.

Unfortunately one can't start working on the front end of the file as the
transfer continues.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Jan 7, 4:36 pm, "geoff" wrote:

Multi-tasking again.

Unfortunately one can't start working on the front end of the file as the
transfer continues.

Obviously you didn't get the joke. I wasn't talking about editing the
file while it was still transferring as being two tasks going on at
the same time, I was talking about sleeping and transferring the file
simultaneously.

There are systems that allow you to start editing as soon as you get
something into the editor, but just a plain file copy won't do that.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
On Jan 7, 4:36 pm, "geoff" wrote:

Multi-tasking again.

Unfortunately one can't start working on the front end of the file
as the transfer continues.

Obviously you didn't get the joke. I wasn't talking about editing the
file while it was still transferring as being two tasks going on at
the same time, I was talking about sleeping and transferring the file
simultaneously.

I did, but I don't necessarily want to sleep before every time I do a task.
Afterwards is more like it - tasks can be tiring....

goeff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Jan 7, 7:42 pm, "geoff" wrote:

I did, but I don't necessarily want to sleep before every time I do a task.
Afterwards is more like it - tasks can be tiring....

So get a good night's sleep before you start editing.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] phineas@engineer.com is offline

It could be worse. "Broadcast Quality" is heavily abused on SSB(Single
Side Band) I guess if you can understand it, then it can be
broadcasted....lol

Phineas
aka K0KMA

On Jan 4, 9:33*pm, rboy wrote:
On Jan 4, 8:20*pm, Richard Kuschel wrote:

Gawd I hate that term "Broadcast Quality". It relly used to mean
something when reel- reel was the standard. Now, with MP3's dominating
the airwaves, the only way that quality is measured is in profit.

Oh don't be such a grouch, Richard : *) * *I'm happy in my knowledge
that all the interviews I made on my Sony Walkman were "broadcast
quality". *After all, they were "broadcast", as were the all the
telephone interviews into the Radio Shack cassette phone recorder.

I think it's an amusing concept. *Does it mean it'll pass muster in
the AM radio in my car?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
coreybenson coreybenson is offline

On Jan 7, 9:45*pm, Mike Rivers wrote:
On Jan 7, 7:42 pm, "geoff" wrote:

I did, but I don't necessarily want to sleep before every time I do a task.
Afterwards is more like it - tasks can be tiring....

So get a good night's sleep before you start editing.

Hey Mike... just an FYI: About halfway down the specs page, it
specifically mentions that it's a USB 2.0 interface:

"Use the USB 2.0 Interface to move your files to a PC or Mac for
storage, editing and playback."

http://www.samsontech.com/products/p...fm?prodID=1916

Not sure why the OP thinks it's USB 1.1 only. Bad card on his 'puter
perhaps?

Anyway, since it sounded like you might be interested in one, thought
you might like to know it IS a USB 2.0 device.

Corey
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ralf R. Radermacher Ralf R. Radermacher is offline

coreybenson wrote:

Hey Mike... just an FYI: About halfway down the specs page, it
specifically mentions that it's a USB 2.0 interface:

"Use the USB 2.0 Interface to move your files to a PC or Mac for
storage, editing and playback."

But it's only a crippled "full-speed" USB 2.0 interface as opposed to a
"high-speed" USB 2.0 interface. USB 2.0 with the electrical specs of 2.0
and the speed of 1.0 that is. 12 MBit/sec instead of 480.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher - DL9KCG - Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de

Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Whorfin John Whorfin is offline

coreybenson wrote:
it IS a USB 2.0 device.

The USB 2 spec permits devices to operate in "full speed" mode, which
is really USB 1's 12Mb/s, and still call themselves USB 2. Just because
a device say its "USB 2" means nothing without it also saying what mode
it operates in. We all want "hi-speed" mode which is the 480Mb/s one.

Looking at Zoom's specs it says...

USB2.0 Full-Speed compatible

And the USB 2 spec says...

Full-speed Full-speed USB operation at 12 Mb/s.

BTW I have an H4 and its a great little device for the money even if
it only has a "full-speed" i/f.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Jan 10, 2:48*pm, John Whorfin wrote:
coreybenson wrote:
it IS a USB 2.0 device.

The USB 2 spec permits devices to operate in "full speed" mode, which
is really USB 1's 12Mb/s, and still call themselves USB 2. *Just because
a device say its "USB 2" means nothing without it also saying what mode
it operates in. We all want "hi-speed" mode which is the 480Mb/s one.

Looking at Zoom's specs it says...

* * USB2.0 Full-Speed compatible

And the USB 2 spec says...

* * Full-speed * *Full-speed USB operation at 12 Mb/s.

BTW I have an H4 and its a great little device for the money even if
it only has a "full-speed" i/f.

Thanks for the clarification! Muchly appreciated!

Dang, that sucks.

Corey
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Jan 10, 1:05 pm, coreybenson wrote:

Hey Mike... just an FYI: About halfway down the specs page, it
specifically mentions that it's a USB 2.0 interface:

"Use the USB 2.0 Interface to move your files to a PC or Mac for
storage, editing and playback."

Don't "hey" me. It was someone else who was complaining that it didn't
use USB2. I was never in enough of a hurry, with large enough files,
to care. There are only two ways I can tell if something is USB1 or
USB2. One is by reading the manual and remembering what I read, the
other is to plug a USB2 device into a computer that has only a USB1
interface and see the little pop-up box that tells me about the
horrible thing I've just done.

Not sure why the OP thinks it's USB 1.1 only. Bad card on his 'puter
perhaps?

Probably never read the manual.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Jan 10, 1:53 pm, (Ralf R. Radermacher) wrote:

But it's only a crippled "full-speed" USB 2.0 interface as opposed to a
"high-speed" USB 2.0 interface. USB 2.0 with the electrical specs of 2.0
and the speed of 1.0 that is. 12 MBit/sec instead of 480.

How do you know that? What's your source of information, or how have
you tested it?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Jan 10, 3:48 pm, John Whorfin wrote:

Looking at Zoom's specs it says...

USB2.0 Full-Speed compatible

And the USB 2 spec says...

Full-speed Full-speed USB operation at 12 Mb/s.

I'd really like to see an actual test. I also thing that anyone who
worries about this in practice is using the wrong device. Go get
yourself a $2500 Sound Devices recorder and quit beating off with only
one hand.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

On Jan 7, 7:42 pm, "geoff" wrote:

I did, but I don't necessarily want to sleep before every time I do
a task. Afterwards is more like it - tasks can be tiring....

So get a good night's sleep before you start editing.

Hey Mike... just an FYI: About halfway down the specs page, it
specifically mentions that it's a USB 2.0 interface:

"Use the USB 2.0 Interface to move your files to a PC or Mac for
storage, editing and playback."

http://www.samsontech.com/products/p...fm?prodID=1916

Not sure why the OP thinks it's USB 1.1 only. Bad card on his 'puter
perhaps?

Anyway, since it sounded like you might be interested in one, thought
you might like to know it IS a USB 2.0 device.

I see you are right - I take it back - maybe it was the PC I plugged it to
only had USB1.1 !!!

So my H2 is *perfect* after all. Has already saved my life once, when used
as a 'safety'.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Mike Rivers wrote:

How do you know that? What's your source of information, or how have
you tested it?

From Zoom's own website*:

Q: Does the USB interface of the H2 support USB 2.0 High Speed
data transfer (max. 480 Mbps)?
A: No. The USB 2.0 standard has three transfer speed modes (High
Speed, Full Speed, Low Speed). The H2 supports only Full
Speed (max. 12 Mbps).

------------------ SNAP -------------------

That clear? Fine.

Ralf

*) http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/support/faq/h2.php

--
Ralf R. Radermacher - DL9KCG - Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de
manual cameras and photo galleries - updated Jan. 10, 2005
Contarex - Kiev 60 - Horizon 202 - P6 mount lenses
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
On Jan 10, 1:05 pm, coreybenson wrote:

Hey Mike... just an FYI: About halfway down the specs page, it
specifically mentions that it's a USB 2.0 interface:

"Use the USB 2.0 Interface to move your files to a PC or Mac for
storage, editing and playback."

Don't "hey" me. It was someone else who was complaining that it didn't
use USB2. I was never in enough of a hurry, with large enough files,
to care. There are only two ways I can tell if something is USB1 or
USB2. One is by reading the manual and remembering what I read, the
other is to plug a USB2 device into a computer that has only a USB1
interface and see the little pop-up box that tells me about the
horrible thing I've just done.

Not sure why the OP thinks it's USB 1.1 only. Bad card on his 'puter
perhaps?

Probably never read the manual.

The manual probably wasn't written by Mike Rivers, and doesnn'[t mentio 1,
1.1, or 2 in the relevant section..

The specs at the back indeed say "USB2 full-speed", which really is a kind
of misleading term , no ?

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Ralf R. Radermacher wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote:

How do you know that? What's your source of information, or how have
you tested it?

From Zoom's own website*:

Q: Does the USB interface of the H2 support USB 2.0 High Speed
data transfer (max. 480 Mbps)?
A: No. The USB 2.0 standard has three transfer speed modes (High
Speed, Full Speed, Low Speed). The H2 supports only
Full Speed (max. 12 Mbps).

------------------ SNAP -------------------

That clear? Fine.

Cripes, what's Low Speed !?!!

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Whorfin John Whorfin is offline

geoff wrote:
Cripes, what's Low Speed !?!!

1.5 Mb/s

Zoom H4 digital recorder? MarcoM Pro Audio 20 April 5th 07 08:08 PM
Zoom H-4 recorder? [email protected] Pro Audio 4 October 12th 06 01:49 AM
FA: ZOOM MRS-1608CD Digital Multi-track Hard Disk Recorder It's All For Sale Pro Audio 0 April 29th 06 06:06 PM
Handy tool unsteadyken Audio Opinions 1 December 16th 04 12:25 AM
Cheap ceiling treatment for the non-handy SRS Pro Audio 0 June 3rd 04 04:23 PM