Jon Yaeger

Default High power organ amplifier - Ping Bret / LV

I acquired a couple of stripped-down organ amplifiers. There is no brand
info, and no tube markings (and not tubes!) But the iron is massive.

Bret or LV: Do you know any tube organs that used (8) 6L6s in a single
amplifier? I am trying to get an idea what the power XFMRs might be rated.

Thanks

Lord Valve

Jon Yaeger wrote:

I acquired a couple of stripped-down organ amplifiers. There is no brand
info, and no tube markings (and not tubes!) But the iron is massive.

Bret or LV: Do you know any tube organs that used (8) 6L6s in a single
amplifier? I am trying to get an idea what the power XFMRs might be rated.

Thanks

I don't think that's anything Hammond or Leslie ever made.

8 6L6s ought to be good for at least 150W in push-pull AB,
though. Many organ amps are multi-channel, either for
biamping purposes or for dedicated stop channels, i.e.,
flutes, tibias, rotary, stationary, etc. Do all of those 6L6s
feed the same output transformer?

LV

Jon Yaeger

Definitely not a jukebox amp. They didn't come that big.

Names or part numbers on the transformers? If the company's still in
business-look in EEM-they may be able to tell you.

Check with some organ techs. If it isn't a Hammond, Allen, Leslie, or
Wurlitzer all bets are off. What connectors does it have and where?

www.mitatechs.com is a good source for finding organ techs...

Thanks, Bret.

These were really stripped, and there isn't anything much to ID them, except
the power XFMR. Original connectors removed. It looks like the OPTs were
retrofitted with some Hammonds, and I have the specs on those.

The power XFMR is 512-23629A.

These will make a nice amp . . . I've been working on layouts.

Much obliged,

Jon