Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] q1m7ot001@sneakemail.com is offline

Default One remote car starter fob wanted to start 2 cars

I have a 2006 Toyota Camry XLE and 2007 Rav 4 limited and would like
one remote starter fob that will start and unlock booth vehicles. I
was thinking of having an Audiopage RS622 installed in booth vehicles.
Reliability is very important to me. Any suggestions are
appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

On Jan 12, 3:31 am, "

My reason is to have one fob on my key chain.

I'm not sure you've thought this one through...if you've got one remote
for two vehicles, and the vehicles are anywhere near each other, then
unlocking one will unlock both; starting one will start both, etc.,
etc., etc. So when you disarm, unlock and start your engine, you're
going to drive away leaving one of your cars in your driveway,
unlocked, with the engine running. Doesn't sound too wise to me.

Usually, people only drive one car at a time, so I would think a more
sane idea would be to have one keychain for each vehicle and either
make a duplicate of your house key or, if you have a lot of keys, get a
primary keychain to which you can easily add or remove the keychain of
the car you're wanting to drive.

Just my $0.02.

-dan

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F Tony F is offline

He's not asking for anything out of the ordinary. My Alpine alarm is a dual
vehicle alarm. You can have one fob for two vehicles. It's just a matter
of pressing a third (or fourth?) button on the fob before you hit the
arm/disarm button. It's this that allows you to select which car you want
to operate. It's not a remote start alarm, but the same principle.

Alpine isn't making alarms any more, so you're out of luck there. Unless
you can find one used on eBay, which is what I did. I believe Alpine made
remote starts as well. And they were very reliable. I'm still trying to
figure out why they got out of the alarm making business!!

I'm not sure who makes dual vehicle units now.

Tony

--
2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC

2006 Mustang GT Coupe
Alpine IVA-D310 DVD Head Unit, Alpine MRA-550 Digital 5.1 Amp, Boston
Acoustics Z-Series Speakers, Alpine SBS-05DC Center Channel Speaker,
Amplified MTX Thunderform Sub

Posted to rec.audio.car
Troy T. Troy T. is offline

Tony F,
I also have an alpine alarm on my truck and i was told at the place
bought it at that Alpine couldnt keep up with Viper, Clifford, and
other major companies

TroyT.